FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 6,700 employees located in 30 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring.
In Asia, FTI Consulting has a team of more than 450 professionals situated in 10 business centres across the region. We provide advice on issues in the areas of finance, risk, governance, performance, reputation, intelligence, compliance and liability. We deliver solutions through our market-leading business practices of Corporate Finance/Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic and Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology.
Our forensic accounting and advisory services practice undertakes a wide range of engagements, including complex fraud investigations; FCPA and financial investigations; business valuation, commercial disputes, litigation support and expert witness engagements.
FTI Consulting is looking for CPA’s with 6+ years of public accounting experience. Directors in the forensic accounting sector are responsible for planning, supervising, performing and wrapping-up engagements with responsibility for day to day activities of the team and subordinates. They are also expected to manage all the day-to-day activities of projects and matters from start to finish with minimal supervision. For Directors, building and maintaining strong relationships with clients is critical.
- Utilise advanced accounting knowledge and logical reasoning skills to provide complete client services.
- Work to ensure a quality product, as well as deliver all work within established timeframes.
- Prepare draft expert reports, presentations and other deliverables for third parties, setting out findings and/or results of the agreed scope of work.
- Interact directly with clients, lawyers and senior accounting personnel.
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project the same to those outside the firm.
- Track progress of cases and monitor workflow of different matters.
- Coordinate and review the work of others and ensure the timely completion of engagements.
- Supervise, coach and train junior members of staff.
- Contribute to management of the Forensic Accounting practice through active involvement in practice development activities.
- Undertake business development activities and develop professional network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related disciplines.
- Hong Kong or internationally recognised professional accounting qualification.
- 6+ years of solid professional experience in forensics or with related experience such as internal audit or insolvency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin with the ability to draft and write expert reports.
- Certified Fraud Examiner qualification advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle and analyse complex financial information.
- Knowledge of relevant litigation, investigation, compliance and fraud issues.
- Knowledge of the legal process, including court codes of conduct, privilege, discovery and evidence rules.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong work ethic and integrity and high level of professionalism.
- Is a self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to travel when requested.
- Experience in managing teams and projects.
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.