We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As a Data Scientist at Ekata, a Mastercard Company, you will have a diverse set of responsibilities supporting sales (pre-sales), customer success (post-sale), and product development, with the aim of supporting, growing, and developing a best-in-class product suite in the identity verification industry. The role is focused on making sure potential prospects & clients see the best possible value from the Ekata data ecosystem through machine learning or rule-based systems. As a product implementation expert, you will advise customers how to best leverage Ekata data in their fraud workflows through proof of value tests. This individual will serve our growing base of Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) customers and requires fluency in Spanish.
In this role You will:
- Support the sales team to ensure Ekata can highlight the maximum benefit of its dataset, through proof of value (POV) tests.
- Support development of machine learning and rules-based models to maximize fraud detection and false positive reduction for clients.
- Understand customer business needs and workflows, using this knowledge to position Ekata products and design solutions using them.
- Proactively nurture & maintain one-on-one relationships with customer data scientists, with the aim of providing deep insights for development of fraud models.
- Acquire a deep knowledge of Ekata products and data, using this knowledge to act as subject matter expert for customers.
- Identify & analyze Ekata data features that a) could be adapted to provide better value b) not currently provided by Ekata and would add value c) are not providing and should be removed to reduce signal to noise ratio.
- Work with customer IT and engineering resources to QA their integration of Ekata APIs and ensure the correct data is available for modeling.
- Assist with internal training on Ekata products, data, and processes.
- Attend product spec reviews to bring customer facing perspectives and share feedback from the market.
- Engage with customers in both Spanish and English to discuss our products, proof of value test planning and results, and other pre and post-sales customer technical support
All About You:
- Ability to converse fluently in Spanish in a business environment
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a machine learning or data analytics capacity.
- 1+ years’ experience in a customer-facing or heavily cross-functional role.
- Excellent scripting and analysis skills in Python.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to extract and analyze data in SQL.
- Ability to create and understand supervised machine learning models.
- Experience in understanding customer needs and using those to build design docs or technical specifications.
- Proven ability to establish credibility with technical leaders in customer organizations.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.