Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph.
Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to be part of our fast-growing data science engineering team and help expand our cutting edge platform. Responsibilities include understanding requirements, design, implementation, code reviews, writing effective tests, and monitoring. You will develop and maintain efficient, high-quality software while meeting coding, security, and technical standards. As a part of our R&D team you will need to experiment with algorithms and technologies.
Your ideal internship should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams’ beliefs.
In the Software Engineering Intern role you will:
- Write code, and deliver on time. Solutions may need refinement.
- Understand proposed designs, seek a deeper understanding, and implement per requirements. Actively seek guidance.
- Actively observe, learn, and grow.
- Communicate closely and effectively with team members, share project status, and deal with unexpected issues.
- Learn and apply best practices.
- Explains results to the business side.
- Conduct performance experiments and occasionally seek guidance.
Our ideal Intern will have:
- Understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Interest in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving skills
- Interest in functional programming, big data processing
- Interest in writing clean, readable, and maintainable code that follows best practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ongoing student status in any relevant institute
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary, Amsterdam, and in Singapore.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.