Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
As a Field Data Scientist at Ekata, a Mastercard Company, you will have a diverse set of responsibilities supporting sales (pre-sales), customer success (post-sale), and product development, with the aim of supporting, growing, and developing a best-in-class product suite in the identity verification industry. The role is focused on making sure potential prospects & clients see the best possible value from the Ekata data ecosystem through machine learning or rule-based systems. As a product implementation expert, you will advise customers how to best leverage Ekata data in their fraud workflows through proof of value tests.
In the Field Data Scientist role you will:
- Support the sales team to ensure Ekata can highlight the maximum benefit of its dataset, through proof of value (POV) tests.
- Support development of machine learning and rules-based models to maximize fraud detection and false positive reduction for clients.
- Understand customer business needs and workflows, using this knowledge to position Ekata products and design solutions using them.
- Proactively nurture & maintain one-on-one relationships with customer data scientists, with the aim of providing deep insights for development of fraud models.
- Acquire a deep knowledge of Ekata products and data, using this knowledge to act as subject matter expert for customers.
- Identify & analyze Ekata data features that a) could be adapted to provide better value b) not currently provided by Ekata and would add value c) are not providing and should be removed to reduce signal to noise ratio.
- Work with customer IT and engineering resources to QA their integration of Ekata APIs and ensure the correct data is available for modeling.
- Assist with internal training on Ekata products, data, and processes.
- Attend product spec reviews to bring customer facing perspectives and share feedback from the market.
The ideal Field Data Scientist will have:
- Computer/Data Science or Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a machine learning or data analytics capacity.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer-facing or heavily cross-functional role with strong data science centric project management experience.
- Excellent scripting and analysis skills in python and SQL.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to create and understand supervised machine learning models.
- Experience in understanding customer needs and using those to build design docs or technical specifications.
- Proven ability to establish credibility with technical leaders in customer organizations.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale.