Today Lighthouse has one of the country’s foremost digital forensics investigations groups. The Executive Director, Digital Forensics provides leadership and direction for the Forensics team at Lighthouse. The Executive Director oversees all aspects of the in-house team that performs investigations, expert consulting, computer forensics analysis and data collection for electronic discovery engagements. This role will develop, adapt, and execute the Digital Forensics strategy and business plan and contributes to the development of broader strategies of the Lighthouse Client Experience Group. The Executive Director will be the subject matter expert in forensics, emerging data types, and will be in a heavily client facing role. In addition, industry thought leadership opportunities may be pursued to increase Lighthouse’s presences. The ED will deliver hands-on client project work, testify on findings as necessary, provide SME support in various investigation and expert witness projects, and drive the evolution of our growing practice through various continuous improvement initiatives. The ED will be a member of the Client Experience Group leadership team, and like all Lighthouse managers be expected to lead and develop – including attracting talent – their organization with exceptional employee engagement.
- Responsible for managing the existing Digital Forensics team; building strong alliances; mentoring and developing the Director and Experts roles; building a strong collaborative team; and building a partner network to scale bandwidth. Will build a strong resource management engagement model and support team.
- Responsible for partnering with the SVP, Client Experience Group in setting the strategy of the Digital Forensics team. Will report on the business results at QBRs and to the Executive Team and Board. Will partner with Client Services, Delivery, Product, Sales, Advisory and other groups, both in the US and EMEA.
- Responsible for developing pricing; conducting profitability analyses and managing profitability; setting and managing a P&L/Budget
- Responsible for supporting the Sales team and Service Delivery in expanding the business through Business Development efforts.
- Will partner with product teams to develop solutions and offerings in Digital Forensics.
- Responsible for providing SME extensive and complex forensic analysis as part of investigative/expert witness engagements. Independently develop tailored work plans based on the needs of investigations and the technology involved. Generate expert reporting with stellar written and oral testimony based on analysis findings.
- Responsible for analyzing revenue data in order to eliminate excess costs and improve the Forensics teams budget and revenue goals.
- Responsible for partnering with peers across the organization to drive consensus and create alignment for cross-organization initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Management duties include supervision of exempt and/or non-exempt staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations and improvement plans, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Expert level knowledge in forensics and modern IT infrastructure for Advisory Services
- Knowledge of P&L, pricing, and selling strategies
- Ability to create strategy, execute plans Possess extensive experience with eDiscovery data collections and forensic analysis projects.
- Existing book of business strongly preferred, with demonstrated ability to add business. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Project and change management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Forensics Certification required.
- Master’s degree, JD or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 10 years of experience leading large teams and building lines of business.
- 15 years of experience in Forensics, IR, Cyber and/or related fields: Subject Matter Expert Forensics and modern IT infrastructure (either Incident Response, Cyber security, network topology as it relates to cloud and distributed computing, social media and non-traditional data sources, etc.
- Extensive experience with eDiscovery data collections and forensic analysis projects.
- Existing book of business strongly preferred, with demonstrated ability to add business.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 24-50% of the time will be spent traveling. Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.