Assurance – Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services – Senior Accountant
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Our Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) professionals help clients deal with the complex issues of fraud, forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes. As a FIDS Senior, you will technically contribute to FIDS client engagements and internal projects. As part of this team, you’ll draw on knowledge of fraud assessment, monitoring and prevention to identify issues that need to be addressed. You will assist clients to conduct independent internal investigations and participate in forensic accounting matters to analyze complex financial transactions and accounting irregularities.
An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks and inform senior members of the team about significant issues and findings. You will determine that delivered work is of high quality and reviewed by the managers. As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture through coaching and counseling junior team members and helping them to develop their potential.
Your key responsibilities
- Work on client engagement teams that assist in performing fraud investigations, forensic accounting engagements and financial and economic analyses.
- Collaborate to plan the engagement, direct daily fieldwork, inform managers of the engagement status, and manage staff performance.
- Prepare analyses and reports that will be delivered to clients and/or external counsel.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and legal counsel.
- Stay informed of business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on the progress.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills;
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written;
- Result-oriented with an attention to details;
- Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box;
- Willingness to travel;
- Substantial knowledge of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and databases (Microsoft Access).
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record including a bachelor’s degree;
- 2 to 4 financial statement audit peak seasons experience with a Big-4 international public accounting firm;
- Professional experience in fraud investigation and forensic accounting, and/or professional accountancy certification is preferred.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Holder of CICPA is a definite advantage;
- ACCA certification desired;
- Experienced MNC clients in pharmaceutical, FMCG, retail industries;
- High or top performers in international accounting firms.
What we look for
- Smart and fraud sense, ability to think outside the box – every engagement is unique, we create a customized approach to find the fraud;
- Can work under pressure or handle a stressful situation;
- Self-starter with proactive attitude to work;
- Very good communication skills, can maintain good relationship with both clients and team members.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, professionals and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we can make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.