At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Seeking a role with purpose? A number of exciting opportunities are now available. These roles directly contribute to improving the safety and wellbeing of society through the prevention of Financial Crime.
We are looking for experienced Consultants and Senior Consultants with Financial Crime expertise to be a part of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) team in our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices to work in our Financial Services Transaction Monitoring team, focused on Data and Analytics.
As part of our FSRM team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll build valuable relationships across the industry, gain broad industry experience, and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Across the banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management, we build a better working world by assisting clients enhance the management of risk. You’ll help them by providing strategy and implementation support. You’ll work across Australia’s leading financial institutions, in high-performing teams alongside risk management professionals, quantitative analysts, technologists, and former regulators. Together, you’ll help clients better assess and enhance the management of risk.
Your key responsibilities
- Create innovative and proportionate insights for our financial crime clients, adapting methods and practices to fit their business needs
- Support client solution development and engagement delivery in Financial Crime Transaction Monitoring Data and Analytics, including:
- Data sourcing, integrity and lineage to feed client TM capabilities and platforms
- Development and calibration of new TM detection scenario portfolios
- Tuning/optimisation of TM detection scenarios
- AI / Analytics development, both within primary detection and secondary analytics (e.g. alert prioritisation)
- Provide input into the application of regulatory standards and support the development of solutions to resolve complex financial crime risks and issues
- Take responsibility for engagement planning, management, and leading teams in financial crime engagements
- Deliver projects to a high level of client satisfaction and within budget
- Build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter specialists within Financial Crime
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 2+ years’ experience in financial services, either within a consulting firm or a major financial institution, with experience in at least one of the following:
- Data analysis, lineage and mapping in the field of Financial Crime and, preferable, Transaction Monitoring
- Development, calibration or tuning of Transaction Monitoring detection scenarios, supported by statistical modelling
- Development of analytical data models to be deployed within the Transaction Monitoring lifecycle, for either primary or secondary detection
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and lots of energy and drive
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, STEM or similar, with post-graduate qualifications or additional study viewed favourably
- Functional knowledge of the Australian and Asia-Pacific financial crime regulatory environment (with knowledge of the global environment an advantage)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Financial Crime / AML and / or sanctions work experience/ professional qualification preferred
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities (e.g. complaint handling)
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.