- Full Time
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom. At EY, we don't just focus on who you are now, but who you can become. We believe that it’s your career and ‘It’s yours to build’ which means potential here is limitless and we'll provide you with motivating and fulfilling experiences throughout your career to help you on the path to becoming your best professional self.
The opportunity – Director – Business Consulting Risk– Financial Crime Consulting – Bangalore
The objective of our Financial Crime Consulting services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their financial crime risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract. This practice has witnessed tremendous growth in the last 3 years at the back of marquee AML projects with both leading global banks and large domestic banks.
As we take our business to next level of growth, an opportunity has arisen for a leadership position of Director to further expand the business and lead client engagements in the areas of KYC, AML, Sanctions Screening and financial crime regulatory reporting, financial crime transformation, process reviews, enterprise AML risk assessment as well as operational remediation etc.
In return you will work with highly motivated and welcoming EY Partners and Directors who will help you settle, offer ongoing mentoring and coaching to build a successful long-term career at EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive business development to win new clients in line with EY business growth strategy for focused banking clients in domestic and offshore centres of global banks.
- Confidently develop relationships using EY network of client relationships, earn client trust, develop propositions to win new work.
- Ability to identify buyers, influencers & other stakeholders in existing client engagements and develop and sustain strong relationships to win follow on work.
- Create innovative insights for clients, adapts methods & practices to fit operational team needs & contributes to thought leadership documents.
- Contribute to new solution development and knowledge management in the ever-evolving financial crime ecosystem
- Conduct knowledge sharing discussions & contribute to EY thought leadership.
Project execution related
- Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in financial services – banks, non-banking financial institutions, payment enablers, alternative payment channels, Fintechs, etc.
- Technically sound in one of the Financial Crime domains and use the knowledge to lead client engagements, ensure high quality deliverables and build client trust in winning repeat projects.
- Design, plan and deliver engagements in the Financial Crime domain pertaining to program transformation, gap assessment, review of KYC/AML framework, enterprise level AML risk assessment, financial crime operations remediation in areas such as KYC, TM and Screening.
- Ability to co-develop scope of work with the client, learn and apply EY risk management principles and processes for engagement acceptance and contracting
- Determine and deploy the right team with adequate skill sets for executing engagements and periodically review status of engagements and work products.
- Demonstrate strong program management skills including lead presentations to senior management at the client organizations and at EY.
- Demonstrate subject-matter and industry expertise (deep understanding of the industry, emerging trends, issues/challenges, key players & leading practices) in financial crime risk management
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current economic developments and new regulations relevant to the client's business
- Monitor engagement economics & ensure timely billing of invoices & actively follow-up on collections by managers/team consultants
- People related
- Display teamwork, integrity and leadership. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Foster teamwork and innovation.
- Understand EY, its organizational structure, its service lines and synergies across the firm. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas.
- Conduct workshops and technical training sessions for team members. Contribute to the learning & development agenda and knowledge harnessing initiatives.
- Drive recruitment initiatives for skillset-focused lateral hiring.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in delivering projects in the Financial Crime domain – experience in managing large transformation projects, and working with large global banks will be preferred
- Experience in Financial Crime consulting environment (e.g., other Big 4 or leading AML outsourcing firms) is desirable but not essential
- Experience leading business and solution development initiatives and knowledge and familiarity with responding to project opportunities by way of RFPs/RFIs and compilation of business proposals
- CAMS certification and prior consulting experience will be preferred
Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact confidently, concisely and coherently with wide range of senior stakeholders such as client leaders (MD, ED, Director level) as well as EY Partners (both in India and overseas)
- Good written skills to develop good quality reports (Important to know how to aggregate the work in executive summary), client sale presentations, industry point of view on emerging risks
- Be flexible to work in an unstructured sales environment that requires passion, persistence and patience with clients along with ability to listen to the problems and offer solutions
- Self-driven individual with ambition to his/her own career growth with strong performance.
- Logical thinker with ability to break down problems, think deeper to identify root causes and then offer solutions/point of views
- Strong emotional intelligence in interactions involving looking at client problems, new, requirement, project reports from multiple lenses of client stakeholders (buyers, influencers) as well as listen/observe client internal dynamics, decision making process.
- Be comfortable in building new relationships with client using strong inter-personal skills, engaging the client in wide variety of discussions (Ability to Zoom into depth to resolve project issues and zoom out to discuss strategic priorities)
In addition to technical competence, what will set you up for success at EY is your ability to:
- Champion start up thinking and deliver innovative solutions
- Enhance business solutions by blending emerging technologies
- Embrace technology to transform new ways of working
- Deliver highest quality results
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and learning for yourself and others
- Create value and build sustainable relationships that last a lifetime
- Be involved in a cause for the benefit of larger community
- Pursue passions beyond work and invest in your wellbeing
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative manner to provide services across multiple client departments while following the commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions. We look for people who are agile, curious, mindful and able to sustain positive energy, while being adaptable and creative in their approach
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
With more than 200,000 clients, 300,000 people globally and 33,000 people in India, EY has become the strongest brand and the most attractive employer in our field, with market-leading growth over compete. Our people work side-by-side with market-leading entrepreneurs, game- changers, disruptors and visionaries. As an organisation, we are investing more time, technology and money, than ever before in skills and learning for our people. At EY, you will have a personalized Career Journey and also the chance to tap into the resources of our career frameworks to better know about your roles, skills and opportunities.
EY is equally committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people – enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing our people to build their career as well as focus on their wellbeing.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.