EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. Our professionals assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks. We understand how organizations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions; and how to leverage data analytics to improve compliance and investigation outcomes. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world. Our team is multi-disciplinary which includes amongst others, certified accountants, forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, data scientists, data analytics professionals, anti-corruption professionals, certified expert witnesses, compliance professionals, money laundering and sanctions investigators, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- Work on engagements alone or with teams on matters related to white collar crimes, fraud investigations, forensic accounting and financial and economic damages analyses.
- Review working papers prepared by staff. Assist your manager in preparing work plans and review electronic data, accounting, financial and non-financial records
- Identify and resolve issues on your engagements to the satisfaction of your manager, demonstrating a broad technical skillset.
- Prepare various analysis that will be part of client deliverables. Work on client deliverables
- Interact with client personnel and participate in meetings.
- Work effectively as a team member taking ownership of your work and communicate with managers on a timely basis, consulting where appropriate to resolve any issues. Provide meaningful suggestions and ideas.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop professional skills. Achieve your professional certifications, such as Chartered Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), ISCA Financial Forensic Accounting Qualification (FFA) etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Skeptical yet practical mindset to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively. Natural curiosity and ability to ask better questions
- Self-awareness, respect for differences in individual style and background of your team members.
- Teaming and displaying strong interpersonal skills. Someone who is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement of a shared vision
- Strong time and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, determination and tenacity to see the matter you are working on to its conclusion
- Proactiveness in sharing new ideas to support achievement of shared vision.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analyzing company accounts and related financial/ non-financial information
- Experience of reviewing and providing recommendations on policy, procedure and internal controls
- Participated in investigations and having basic understanding of relevant concepts (evidence preservation and collection, data privacy, legal privilege, investigative interviewing, business intelligence)
- Understanding of Fraud prevention including fraud risk assessments and compliance program development
- Awareness and basic understanding of regulatory environment in relation of Fraud, including corruption.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hungarian.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Worked on investigations and forensic reviews including documentation, disclosures required by local laws and regulations and e-discovery
- Prepared forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical with an attention to detail, and logical thinkers, with a passion for strategy and transactions and helping clients solve important problems. Being a strong team player is critical, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2026 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.