Financial Crime Managed Services – Risk & Control Senior Manager
EY Financial Services Organization (FSO) works with leading financial services clients globally. We are consistently growing our advisory practices, outpacing competition, and working as one borderless organization – 15,000 employees across 30 countries – building teams who have the skills and experience our clients need. For you, this means exciting opportunities including:
- Working with global financial services clients, locally and internationally, to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Teaming up with highly skilled people across diverse and challenging programmes.
- Sharing knowledge with people known for their world-class expertise and insight.
- Being exposed to different business cultures and developing an international network of colleagues and clients that will last a lifetime.
- Helping shape the future of Financial services.
Financial Crime Managed Services
Our Financial Crime Managed Services (FCMS) team sits within EY’s broader Financial Crime & Forensics solution. We offer a global, consistent service to our clients delivered through regional hubs with more than 4,000 operations professionals worldwide. We can scale the workforce across geographies and have a flexible model that delivers services on/offshore to balance cost, service levels and language needs. Our FCMS team specialises in topics such as:
- Build and run of end to end FCMS solutions.
- Transaction monitoring.
- Customer screening/payment filtering for sanctions, PEPs and adverse media.
- KYC and customer on-boarding.
- AML monitoring and alert investigations.
Within the FCMS team, we have financial crime business and operations specialists who apply a wide range of financial crime knowledge and technical skills to undertake:
- Formation and operation of FCMS solutions.
- Transformation of end-to-end management of KYC, transaction monitoring and sanctions processes.
- End-to-end transaction monitoring and sanctions screening services, including investigations and escalation reviews.
- Remediation activities, including look back file reviews and alert management.
- Design and operation of technology solutions to automate and enhance financial crime operations covering KYC, transaction monitoring and sanctions.
We are looking for financial crime regulatory specialists at Senior Manager level to join our growing team.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Desire to build / develop a career in advising our clients with improvements and industry insight in relation to financial crime.
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge financial crime prevention solutions to our industry clients.
- Highly capable and mentally dexterous, thriving in fast paced environments, where the expectation is to operate with a strong sense of urgency to deliver tangible operational solutions.
- Flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered.
- Appreciation of EY’s solutions / go to market abilities and how these service client needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills.
- Strong team player and an entrepreneurial outlook with a “no task too small” attitude; willing to roll up your sleeves and work as part of a team but equally comfortable delegating and leading teams / running engagements.
- A methodical, structured, organised and consistent approach to your leadership style, with a can-do attitude and willingness to lead by doing.
To qualify for this role, you must have
- 8 years’ + experience in financial crime and risk and controls gained either through a consultancy, a financial services firm or with a regulatory body or law enforcement.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial crime regulatory landscape, with the ability to assess regulatory impacts and provide technical guidance on regulations in relation to risk and controls.
- Experience in risk and controls with the ability to navigate complex risk and control requirements in regulated environments.
- Demonstrable success in leading high performing teams and delivering large-scale projects in the context of risk and controls.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality output in a controlled and risk aware environment.
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders across multiple disciplines and presenting at board level or equivalent.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in financial crime operations, Managed Services or remediation in KYC, screening, or transaction monitoring alert management.
- Experience in any of the following domains: AML (KYC and/or Transaction Monitoring), Sanctions, Screening.
- A strong network across the financial services sector, including banking, capital markets, insurance, or asset management.
- A proven track record of sales and business development experience.
- Experience leading financial crime operations, Managed Service or remediation programmes covering KYC, transaction monitoring and screening.
- Experience in establishing new teams, operating models, or structures within financial crime.
- A strong understanding of the customer journey through the financial crime life cycle.
- Practical experience in R&C in some of the following areas: design, assessment and implementation of R&C framework; defining and overseeing R&C strategy; identifying, assessing, documenting and reviewing risk and controls; testing controls; analysing the R&C environment for gaps, weaknesses and determining root causes; undertaking risk assessments.
- Proven ability to sell, lead and deliver complex risk and control programmes, or leading BAU operations teams.
- A background in consultancy, as well as industry experience.
- A financial crime compliance qualification (e.g. CAMS, ICA diploma).
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you’ve got big ideas, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.