Financial Crime Manager (Fraud) – Assistant Director
Within the professional services environment, the application of effective risk management is fundamental to both successful delivery of client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management (RM) encompasses the technical support and processes which enable the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
The RM team is responsible for supporting the Ernst & Young LLP in the execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures. The team assists with the development, maintenance, communication and training of key RM policies, providing advice on complex risk matters and monitoring the application of these policies.
Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for the regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve.
The Financial Crime Team supports the coordination and oversight of financial crime controls minimising and mitigating internal fraud risk within the UK. This is underpinned by the Firm’s Anti-Fraud policy and Fraud Response Plan and the ability to conduct investigations into relevant events.
The challenge for this role is the development and ongoing maintenance of internal procedures, to assist the business in applying preventative and detective fraud controls and recommend appropriate enhancements to improve the management of fraud risk within the UK.
Your key responsibilities
You will join the UK Financial Crime Team reporting to the Head of Internal Fraud focussed on the delivery of work optimizing anti-fraud controls. This includes supporting a programme of enhancement to the existing controls to prevent, detect and mitigate fraud risk including an analytics programme. You will assist in developing the 2nd line assurance programme to measure the effectiveness.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the maintenance of the policies and procedures related to anti-fraud
- Supporting the development of analytics and the collation of fraud events detected or reported against the Firm
- Supporting the development and reporting of effective KRI, KPI and MI to measure control effectiveness
- Conducting testing to assure 1st line controls in place to mitigate fraud risks for effectiveness and deliver continuous improvement
- Maintaining effective communications with business stakeholders
- Ensuring records are appropriately prepared and maintained
- Supporting the development and delivery of appropriately targeted training to relevant Partners and staff
- Supporting wider Financial Crime projects related but not limited to AML, ABC, Sanctions and CTF.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in fraud risk management and the maintenance of policies related to financial crime (incl. Fraud, AML, ABC, Sanctions and CTF)
- Experience in a 2nd line role monitoring and testing controls
- Good knowledge of the law around fraud and other financial crime and the conduct of investigations
- Strong personal communication and influencing skills
- Experience of stakeholder management and leadership
- Proven ability to development devise and implement appropriate system and process improvements
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
To qualify for the role you must have
- 3-5 years previous experience in a similar role including the conduct of investigations and interviews
- Good knowledge of law and practice around fraud and other financial crime
- The ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels, but particularly with senior stakeholders and the business
- The ability to build and maintain relationships across the firm (jurisdictions and service lines), in particular with senior personnel
- Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A recognised qualification or certification in fraud prevention and detection
- Ability to take difficult decisions and provide substantiated arguments
- Degree-level education
What we look for
We are looking for a Manager with previous experience monitoring preventative and detective controls and investigating fraud and other crime working in a large, matrixed environment at a senior level.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!