Financial Crime Senior Associate (2nd Line) – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract – London
Within the professional services environment, application of effective risk management is fundamental to both successful delivery of client services and promotion of our brand. EY’s Risk Management (RM) internal function encompasses the technical support and processes that enable the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery. The RM team supports EY in execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures. The team assists the development, maintenance, communication and training of key RM policies, provides advice on risk matters and monitors application of policy.
One of the key areas managed by RM includes financial crime. The risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery & corruption (ABC), sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for regulated businesses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Financial Crime Team and help fulfil its responsibility to execute EY’s risk strategy, policies and processes in relation to AML, ABC and sanctions. The Financial Crime Team is a 2nd line of defence team responsible for setting the policies and controls for financial crime compliance. The role is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing AML due diligence for higher risk clients and presenting your summary of the risks to senior management including the MLRO
- Maintaining guidance and training material relating to anti-money laundering, suspicious activity reporting, anti-bribery and sanctions
- Representing the Financial Crime Team when responding to queries from the business on all areas of financial crime
- Hosting training sessions for Risk Management and EY’s Service Lines
- Producing detailed reports and analysis using internal EY systems
- Suggesting improvements to the performance and maintenance of 2nd line processes and amending/updating as necessary
- Any task which contributes to the successful implementation of the financial crime control framework
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Service orientated and commercially-minded at solving problems
- A genuine and proactive interest in becoming a subject matter expert in financial crime
- The ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Good organisational skills and some experience of project management
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Two to three years of previous experience of financial crime regulatory or compliance work, preferably from a professional services firm
- Knowledge and previous use of financial crime screening and due diligence systems
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the business and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
- English language skills – excellent written and verbal communication
- IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!