At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Play a role defining the evolution of financial crimes compliance while helping financial institutions combat global illicit finance. Join our industry-defining team of professionals focused on anti-money laundering, sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters. We use unparalleled insights into financial crimes issues, gained through work with diversified financial institutions, to rebuild compliance programs, implement critical enhancements, and respond to regulatory attention. Your role will be driven by our clients’ needs and by your ability to develop new offerings and unique insights about the financial crimes compliance industry.
You’ll work with colleagues, including career consultants, former industry professionals, veterans, regulators, governmental officials, intelligence analysts, and technology advisors. You’ll bring previous insight and experience. We’re committed to providing meaningful on-the-job coaching and training to further bolster your development.
Your key responsibilities
Fostering an innovative and inclusive environment while playing an active role in counselling and mentoring junior colleagues. Driving high quality work products within expected timeframes and budget. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed on progress and outcomes. Building and growing relationships with financial institution clients and throughout the financial crimes compliance industry. Developing relationships across all EY practices to serve client needs. Understanding and being able to analyze key aspects of anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption, and other financial crimes regulations.
Skills and attributes for success
Managing teams with diverse backgrounds to deliver exceptional quality work to clients. Staying current on business and industry trends relevant to clients, including the latest regulatory developments, industry practices, and government and law enforcement focus on various financial crimes issues. Being innovative and creating thought leadership.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and around 5 years of work experience with financial crimes issues from industry, consulting, or government; or a graduate degree and 4 years of related experience
- A degree in political science, economics, finance, accounting, business, or a related discipline
- Analytical skills understanding money laundering trends, sanctions risk, and other financial crimes.
- Strong proven communication skills demonstrated through effective writing and presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Effective leadership, project management, and teamwork skills.
- An understanding of financial products and services related to depository institutions, wholesale banking, insurance, asset management, securities, financial technology, and private equity.
- A willingness to travel up to 100% to meet client needs.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience related to payment operations, processing of real-time settle networks, and/or experience with transaction monitoring, Know Your Customer, or sanctions screening technology systems.
- Prior experience in consulting preferred, not required.
- Demonstrated experience managing business development opportunities initiatives.
What we look for
You should be ready to quickly juggle multiple responsibilities, including delivery of exceptional quality work to our clients, managing teams, providing coaching and mentorship to junior colleagues, leading client development activities, and taking part in internal firm development, including through recruiting, training, and other initiatives. You’ll be adept at sharing technical knowledge across a variety of anti-money laundering, sanctions, and other financial crimes related topics, drawn from experience, industry study, and a natural curiosity to constantly expand and evolve their personal skillsets.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.