EY’s Forensic Discovery & Analytics team (FD&A) team forms part of the Forensic & Integrity Services business unit and specialises in technology services encompassing eDiscovery and Forensic Data Analytics. Using state of the art tools, our teams support clients with compliance management, fraud investigation and fraud detection.
The FD&A team practice the full life cycle of data analysis. Specialising in identifying, collecting and producing large volumes of electronically stored structured and unstructured information, the team applies advanced analytics techniques to separate the relevant data for use as evidence for litigations and financial investigations and to support large scale proactive compliance programs. Our projects primarily involve large-cap clients across retail banking, corporate banking, investment banking and insurance.
Your key responsibilities: ForensicTechnologyRecruitment
- Supervise the work of junior team members
- Communicate with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
- Highlight and explain the outputs of our analytics to clients in the context of their business
- Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Work with blue chip clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities
- Develop algorithms and solutions to detect, respond, prevent, continually monitor and investigate areas of fraud, bribery & corruption, misconduct and financial crime
- Apply analytic techniques to prevent, detect, monitor or investigate potentially improper transactions, events or patterns of behaviour related to misconduct, fraud and non-compliance issues
- Develop supporting material using a suite of visualisation software to clearly present the benefits of the analysis to clients
- Align to various strategic teams in the areas of technology, innovation and business development
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience with:
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering etc.); or
- Machine learning and pattern recognition;
- Azure cloud computing platform;
- Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
- Organisational skills and project management potential
What we look for
Individuals at EY thrive when they have an adaptable working style with self-initiative and the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic and reactive team. We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be both intellectually rigorous, a strong technical ability as well as adaptable and able to build strong relationships.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we are dedicated to making EY the best employer.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!