At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Washington DC (primary), Charlotte
With high-profile corporate fraud cases at the forefront of the news, it’s more important than ever for businesses to maintain the authoritative knowledge it takes to investigate and prevent fraud. Preventing and detecting fraud is all about identifying potential risks – using existing trends and emerging technology to accelerate intelligent decision making and build more efficient finance functions. Our clients look to us to make it happen, and as a Data Analytics Senior Manager, you’ll be right at the heart of that goal. It’s a role with far-reaching implications, so you’ll be working with stakeholders across industries with some of the most innovative tools available.
With significant recent investment, we’re experiencing rapid growth in this area. Our Forensic & Integrity Services team is working with the industry-leading anti-fraud and forensic data analytics technologies to develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud and risk issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of modeling techniques, making this a great place to develop your technical and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
It’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same task for too long. You’re likely to balance your time between directly liaising with our clients to understand their needs and actively analyzing complex data. It’s all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines. That means thinking differently about fraud, developing effective fraud teams and presenting innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing the key components of a portfolio of Forensic Data Analytics – Government and Public Sector (GPS) projects, including strategy, planning and execution
- Developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients, understanding their businesses to provide tailored insights
- Continuously developing your understanding of our clients, identifying trends, risks and opportunities for improvement
- Using technology to distribute your knowledge of leading-practice and enhance service delivery
- Developing your team through constant coaching and feedback, providing challenging goals and guaranteeing your people have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to grow
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree, supported by significant work experience with federal and local government and public sector agencies
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the confidence to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- A proven record in data analysis and data science, and an in-depth knowledge of SQL along with other leading database technologies, statistical analysis packages or programming languages
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to understand client needs, leverage sector and technology knowledge to solve complex problems and communicate methodology for best-in-class solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power BI and Azure; Python
Ideally you’ll also have
- Professional designations such as CISA, CISSP, CISM or CFE preferred by not required
- Certification in Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based solutions a plus
- Exposure to or general understanding of VB.NET or C#
What we look for
We’re interested in knowledgeable leaders, with the intellectual curiosity and data science skills to actively pursue new knowledge. Naturally you’ll need a firm technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. If you’re looking for a highly varied role, where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.