At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Washington DC (Primary City), McLean, VA, NYC, NY, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Dallas, TX
Government Contract Services (GCS) helps businesses that contract with and participate in programs sponsored by US state and federal government entities. We help not just with matters of understanding and complying with federal and state contract/program obligations, but also with driving well-informed operational decisions to maintain competitive advantage in the market without compromising on our clients’ compliance obligations.
Our GCS team is experiencing growth, and we need talented professionals who are excited to continue that growth. Our GCS team works with industry-leading clients to develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging compliance risks and market opportunities that they face. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of challenges, making this a great place to develop your technical and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
It’s no exaggeration to say no two projects will be alike. You’re likely to balance your time between engagement planning with other GCS members, actively analyzing complex data, and participating in GCS practice development. It’s all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines. That means thinking critically about the value we can bring to our clients, taking initiative to research regulatory information and industry insights, and speaking up with innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
Skills and attributes for success
- Take responsibility for high quality execution and delivery of specific parts of a client engagement
- Develop yourself and others through seeking and offering on-the-job coaching
- Support multiple projects ensuring the work meets the client’s needs
- Use technology to continually learn and share your knowledge with other team members
- Nurture relationships with professionals in other service lines and seek opportunities to work together
- Maintain a strong focus on the client and be responsive to their requests
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with US state or federal regulatory programs
- Preferably FAR, CAS, Medicare, Medicaid, FSS, and/or DFARS
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong knowledge of PC-based tools (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, MS PowerBI)
- A working knowledge of data analytics tools (e.g., MS Access, MS SQL Server)
- Experience managing Staff on multiple projects
What we look for
We’re interested in people who have a passion for working in a team environment to solve problems. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills: we’re interested in people who are able to nurture relationships—both internal and external—and are committed to intimately understanding our clients’ needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.