At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Despite the best efforts of public and private sector internal controls and risk departments, fraud continues to challenge organizations across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud to misuse of government of funding, no public or private entity is immune. When working to mitigate the risk of fraud, facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative and fraud risk mitigation experience they need, when they need it.
The opportunity This is a limited duration employment opportunity (1-3 years). Work is to be conducted onsite at FBI Headquarters or Quantico, VA – no remote or hybrid option.
Your key responsibilities
- The Forensic Senior will conduct thorough forensic financial analysis of business and personal records and develop financial profiles of individuals or groups identified as participating in suspicious or illegal activity
- Assist investigators in preparing documents for use as evidence in investigations
- Identify and trace funding sources and interrelated transactions
- Compile findings and conclusions into financial investigative reports
- Meet and participate on teams with Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts
To qualify for the role you must have
- 6 years of experience working within the defense, intelligence, or law enforcement communities leading or coordinating complex programs and/or multiple projects.
- Top Secret Security Clearance with Poly Eligible
- Strong accounting and financial analytical theories, innovations, practices and principles to include an in-depth understanding of funding mechanisms, processes, and legal titles associated with domestic and international banking, monetary transfers, corporate and charitable finances, securities, and money markets
- Knowledge of business and government organizational and managerial structures and practices, and their financial documentation practices, as well as various sophisticated finance and accounting systems, methods, and techniques
- Advanced ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses, to apply various statistical methods and formulas, to discern and unravel complex interrelationships, to recognize concealed or obscure associations, and to draw logical inferences and conclusions significant for evidentiary purposes
- Broad practical knowledge of criminal statutes, regulations, procedures, violations, and jurisdictions with respect to national and international financial investigations, as well as processes and practices for subpoenas, National Security Letters, affidavits, execution of search warrants, rules of evidence, chain of custody, and other judicial/legal proceedings
- Well versed using computer hardware and software as tools for gathering and analyzing financial information, conducting analyses, managing investigative cases, and facilitating office operations, to include data base management systems, statistical analytical software, Internet research techniques and information resources, office automation (spreadsheets, desktop publishing, BankScan etc.), and electronic mail systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in forensic accounting, accounting, finance, or a related field for forensic accountants
- Preferred certifications include: Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and/or Chartered Accountant
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $75,600 to $124,700. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $90,700 to $141,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.