Forensic Data Analytics – Manager – Belfast
EY’s Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) practice is a global, data-focused team within the Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practices the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries such as Life sciences, Oil & Gas, Government and Telecoms.
Your key responsibilities:
- Mentor, develop and lead teams of diverse individuals and varying sizes; ensure that deadlines are met and high-quality outputs are produced
- Communicate with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
- Be responsible for end to end delivery of projects across the full lifecycle – Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large structured and unstructured datasets, from a variety of data sources
- Use a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Explain the outputs of our analytics and create innovative insights for our clients
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external networks
- Support business development activities such as the pursuit of new commercial opportunities or developing materials for client presentations and pitches, etc.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Experience in design and implementation of end-to-end data and analytical solutions
- Experience with stakeholder management and confidence with client interactions
- Ability to manage a team with varying levels of technical knowledge and a variety of skillsets
- Project management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong leadership skills
- Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
- Previous consulting experience and experience with:
- Project management and related tools such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, DevOps etc.;
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering, etc.);
- Azure cloud computing platform; or,
- Exposure to datasets from accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle / PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, or other similar ERP applications
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills, have a passion for data, be adaptable and show an ability to build strong relationships.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we are dedicated to making EY the best employer.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.