Location: Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC, McLean, New York, Boston.
Government Contract Services (GCS) helps businesses that contract with and participate in programs sponsored by US state and federal government entities. We help not just with matters of understanding and complying with federal and state contract/program obligations, but also with driving well-informed operational decisions to maintain competitive advantage in the market without compromising on our clients’ compliance obligations.
Our GCS team is experiencing growth, and we need talented professionals who are excited to continue that growth. Our GCS team works with industry-leading clients to develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging compliance risks and market opportunities that they face. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of challenges, making this a great place to develop your technical and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
It’s no exaggeration to say no two projects will be alike. You’re likely to balance your time between engagement planning with other GCS members, actively analysing complex data, and participating in GCS practice development. It’s all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines. That means thinking critically about the value we can bring to our clients, taking initiative to research regulatory information and industry insights, and speaking up with innovative ideas that challenge the status quo.
Skills and attributes for success
· Take responsibility for high quality execution and delivery of specific parts of a client engagement
· Develop yourself and others through seeking and offering on-the-job coaching
· Support multiple projects while ensuring the work meets the client’s needs
· Use technology to continually learn and share your knowledge with other team members
· Nurture relationships with professionals in other service lines and seek opportunities to work together
· Maintain a strong focus on the client and be responsive to their requests
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree
· 1+ years related working experience
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Strong knowledge of PC-based tools (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
· The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
· Access to reliable transportation to/from the EY office and client sites. A driver’s license is strongly recommended as ride share and public transportation options may not be available in all locations
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, MS PowerBI)
- A working knowledge of data analytics tools (e.g., MS Access, MS SQL Server)
- Experience working with US state or federal regulatory programs
- Preferably FAR, CAS, Medicare, Medicaid, FSS, and/or DFARS
What we look for
We’re interested in people who have a passion for working in a team environment to solve problems. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills: we’re interested in people who are able to nurture relationships—both internal and external—and are committed to intimately understanding our clients’ needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.