Despite the best efforts of internal controls and risk departments, corporate fraud continues to challenge businesses across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no company is immune. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services team is growing exponentially, and as a Senior you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you’ll help develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of fraud prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of investigation for too long. As a Senior, you’ll be the key day-to-day contact for helping our clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. It’s all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Take responsibility for high quality execution and delivery of specific parts of the engagement
- Develop yourself and others through seeking and offering on-the-job coaching
- Oversee multiple projects ensuring the work meets the client’s needs
- Use technology to continually learn and share your knowledge with other team members
- Nurture relationships with professionals in other service lines and seek opportunities to work together
- Maintain a strong focus on the client and be responsive to their requests.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law, Finance or related field
- At least 2 year of related experience
- Achieved, or be working towards a professional designation, such as CPA, CFA, CFE
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
– Relevant forensic accounting, compliance, forensic technology or dispute related experience, preferably with a professional services firm
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate people that have the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue new knowledge in the rapidly changing world of fraud investigations. Naturally you’ll need a solid technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills – we’re interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships, both internal and external, and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.