At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Leads the delivery of solution or infrastructure development services for a large or more complex project, using advanced technical capabilities
- Takes accountability for the design, development, delivery and maintenance of solutions or infrastructure, driving compliance with and contributing to the development of relevant standards
- Fully understands business and user requirements and ensures design specifications meet the requirements from a business and technical perspective
Your key responsibilities
As a Forensics Application & Infrastructure Engineer you will implement new applications and corresponding infrastructure in support of eDiscovery client serving engagements and projects. The responsibilities include review and input on proposed application architecture, implementation of new infrastructure (physical/virtual servers, network segments, storage appliances),
installation and configuration of complex 3-tier applications, completion of operational documentation, transition and training of the operations team, and level 3 escalation liaising with vendors and other EY IT functions, to produce timely resolution of issues in line with project deadlines. Ideal candidates will possess experience with MS-stack environments, SQL database
configuration and tuning, networking, storage, and virtualization.
Skills and attributes for success
Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems including Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications – External
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong knowledge of MS stack infrastructure apps including Active Directory, GPO management, DNS, and DHCP.
- Strong infrastructure/application troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive and demonstrable understanding of core infrastructure concepts including NAS, SAN, DAS, Virtualization, Firewalls, NSG’s, Infosec tools and concepts such as SOC, Security Baselines, Vulnerability and Penetration testing.
- Linux OS & enterprise app experience (Tomcat, Apache, HA-Proxy, patching, batch scripting, etc.).
- Windows PowerShell scripting and automation.
- Understanding and experience with multi-server 3-tier (web, app, DB) application architecture & deployment.
- 3-5+ years of application support and some familiarity of application development best practices.
- Advanced MS SQL administration experience (T-SQL, backup/restoration, performance, query tuning, etc.).
- Strong conceptual networking knowledge including VLANs, subnetting, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- eDiscovery / Data Analytics application knowledge including, Relativity, Brainspace, iPro, Nuix, SEAL, LAW, Nexidia etc.
- Citrix infrastructure architecture, installation and tuning knowledge.
- Identity and authentication workflow technology fundamentals, SAML, OpenID, OAuth, and RSA/Ping.
- Experience with managing large NAS datasets (3+ PB).
- Experience with EMC/Dell Isilon and VNX/VMAX storage solutions.
- Background with Service Now ticketing/ITIL processes.
- Supervisory experience a positive but not required.
- Microsoft Azure infrastructure build & support experience.
What we look for
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and analytical ability.
- Strong documentation skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Confluence.
- The ability to work effectively with clients, management, vendors, and staff members.
- Ability to self-manage schedule and communications with project stakeholders.
- Experience in maintaining mission critical production environments.
- Working knowledge in ITIL processes: Incident, Change, and Problem Management methodologies.
- Ability and resilience to work in a time sensitive environment and still produce high quality results.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.