At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Financial Crime Operations Delivery Lead, Transaction Monitoring – Senior Manager
The Compliance Team at GDS partners with other EY offices across the globe to provide an array of compliance solutions to our clients. The team works on short to long term engagements to assist in establishing, maintaining and reviewing the outputs of business functions and compliance programs.
Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve. As a result, EY GDS is expanding the current team to support financial crime compliance with respect to client acceptance procedures.
As a Financial Crime Operations Delivery Lead – Transaction Monitoring (TM), in our Consulting Service Delivery team, you will be working with global EY teams to deliver high quality work to our clients, which will primarily be from the financial services sector. You will be leading teams working on Anti-Money Laundering- Transaction Monitoring engagements and will actively participate in the day to day management of Engagement teams, delegating to the Managers/Senior consultants/Consultants in your team, whilst acting as the interface between local leadership, global project leadership and the client.
Your key responsibilities
As an Operations Delivery Lead in the Financial Crime Compliance team, you will be required to lead and grow a team and to provide strategic solutions related to regulatory compliance and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) to our clients in the financial services industry. You will also assist our clients maintain effective and efficient controls, to manage organizational, strategic and regulatory risks.
- You will be responsible for service delivery of an engagement assigned including the following: capacity planning, resource selection and recruitment, IT/Infra & systems access for team, process migration, training, productivity, quality, and escalation of issues, solution design/implementation and stakeholder management.
- You will have to build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter expertise, leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading-edge best practices
- You will be responsible for client liaison and responsible for onshore and client stakeholder engagement
- You will be overseeing the mobilization and project management of engagements
- You will be responsible for ensuring that new or revised standards and regulatory changes are adopted in a timely manner and that a robust change management protocol is in place
- You will be responsible to develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, whilst building strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- You will be supervising Associates and Executives and Managers in the FinCrime department, solution and engagement level
- You will be overseeing the leadership of onsite engagement teams in FinCrime, including direct supervision of work, ensuring targets are met and all processes and procedures are adhered to
- You will escalate issues and problems in a timely manner and be able to recommend and implement solutions to address the issues.
- You will participate in business development activities at a region, sector and account level
Skills and attributes for success:
- You must have 14+ years of Financial Crime experience with preferable 3+ years of Transaction Monitoring and Screening experience primarily working with global banks and financial institutions.
- You must have a strong academic background with an MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications preferably in the Finance/Business domain.
- You must have sound knowledge of AML global regulations and standards such as the EU Money Laundering Directives and FATF Recommendations.
- You must have experience of managing project teams, preferably across a portfolio of engagements.
- You must have leadership, project management and teamwork skills.
- You must have experience in building relationships and networking and exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- You must have strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills and demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Relevant professional qualifications, such as ACAMS, ICA Diploma in Anti Money Laundering, CFE or equivalent would be preferred.
- You should be willing to travel, if required
What we look for
We are interested in hiring a professional who wants to accelerate knowledge and experience and become an expert in FinCrime. If you are a detail-orientated and highly motivated person, who meets the listed requirements, go ahead and apply for this job.
What working at EY GDS offers
EY GDS is one of the most admired international professional service firms and it invites bright candidates with a promise to provide them opportunities to grow and succeed. We offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY GDS is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.