At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From incident response, to forensic investigation, to litigation and regulatory response, EY Privacy and Cyber Response professionals assist organizations to fight and prepare against complex cyber-attacks. EY teams have assisted companies in responding to a range of cyber incidents, including personal identifiable information (PII) data thefts, business email compromises, ransomware attacks and credit card theft. EY teams combine cybersecurity and IT forensic experience with traditional investigative approaches, including interviewing witnesses, interrogating data, and examining physical and digital evidence to uncover all facts pertaining to a breach.
The Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) Analyst work to address security incidents, hunt down security risks or incidents within the environment. This position requires an understanding of technology, tools, policies, and standards related to security systems and incident response. Working with EY Forensics will involve travel. You should be willing to travel on work, sometimes on a very short notice.
Your key responsibilities
- Investigate, coordinate, bring to resolution, and report on security incidents as they are escalated or identified
- Forensically analyze end user systems and servers found to have possible indicators of compromise
- Analysis of artifacts collected during a security incident/forensic analysis
- Interface and communicate with server owners, system custodians, and IT contacts to pursue security incident response activities, including: obtaining access to systems, digital artifact collection, and containment and/or remediation actions
- Provide consultation and assessment on preserved security threats
- Maintain, manage, improve and update security incident process and protocol documentation
- Regularly provide reporting and metrics on case work
- Play an active role in research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Consistently deliver quality client services
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field and approximately 1 to 3 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of host, network and cloud forensic process, tools, standards and techniques such as understanding of electronic investigation, forensic tools, and methodologies, including: log correlation and analysis, forensically handling electronic data, knowledge of the computer security investigative processes, malware identification and analysis
- Demonstrated integrity in a professional environment
- Excellent teaming skills
- Good social, communication and writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working with network, host, and user activity data, and identifying anomalies.
- Experience with response and analysis tools such as EnCase Forensic, F-response, ELK, Splunk, Wireshark, AWS monitoring system, Azure Sentinel, SIFT Workstation, IEF, Volatility.
- The successful candidate should hold at least one certificate relevant to the out of the following: GSE, GCFA, GCIH, GNFA, OSCP, CEH, CHFI.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.