We stand out in the market as a preferred consultancy provider in the financial sector, hence we are further growing our Advisory practice. We have opportunities for dynamic consultants with a creative mindset, who demonstrate an affinity with new technologies and an interest in digital transformation.
As consultant, you will execute independently client engagements related to AML investigations, AML systems reviews, AML framework reviews, KYC due diligence & compliance reviews, fraud risk assessment, support including assistance in matters pertaining to financial issues like business interruption, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for executing consulting projects in the areas of financial crime, governance, risk & compliance with focus on Know Your Client (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering Compliance (AML).
- Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
- Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Actively establish client (process owner/functional heads) and internal relationships.
- Assist Managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
- Execution on client engagement – ensuring quality delivery as per engagement letter.
- Review of working papers and client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
- Understand business & industry issues / trends. Identify areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate an application & solution-based approach to problem solving technique.
- Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
- Attention to detail and mentor young interns and analysts within the practice.
- Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
What are we looking for?
- Master degree in a relevant field or equivalent through experience
- Relevant professional experience (between 6 months – 4 years) in a similar role, either in consulting, and/or in the banking industry
- Excellent knowledge of business English, and fluency in Dutch and French
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
- Excellent analytical skills, conceptual thinking and pragmatic approach
- Certifications such as Agile, Scrum master, Product Owner are a major plus
What’s in it for you? As a member of the EY family, you will
- Join a leading global professional services firm
- Become part of a successful team of professionals genuinely passionate about their work
- Enhance your technical knowledge, as well as your soft skills, through an extensive learning & development schedule
- Get individual coaching and mentoring and learn from more experienced professionals, who will support your growth both in your career, as well as in terms of personal development
- Interact with your colleagues on international level due to our integrated EMEI structure for the financial services
- Make your mark on the financial services, working cross borders
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel and working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At EY we are genuinely passionate about inclusion and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.