At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Forensic & Integrity Services | Senior Manager
Successful organisations depend on their reputation for keeping promises, respecting laws and behaving ethically to maintain stakeholder trust. EY Forensic & Integrity Services professionals help organisations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. We assist organisations to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks.
We understand how organisations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world.
As a Manager/Senior Manager in the Forensic Data Analytics team, you will work across all areas of Forensics including anti-money laundering, corruption, fraud and other investigations, commercial disputes, business integrity assignments, transaction disputes, fraud prevention and compliance programme development. You’ll build relationships with internal peers across the practice.
Using market leading advanced data analytic tools, we look beyond the obvious to delve deeper into the underlying patterns and trends. FDA team members typically apply their specialist skills to large or complex datasets coming from disparate data sources. Our team generates insights to support fraud investigations, disputes, and regulatory compliance challenges for our clients, across a range of industries. This is achieved by combining forensic investigation skills with advanced data analytics techniques. This might include historical scenario reconstruction, investigative data analysis, social network analytics, natural language processing, development of machine learning algorithms and predictive modelling.
Forensic Data Analytics is one of the core growth areas in a fast-growing Forensics practice. EY’s motto of “building a better working world” by “asking better questions and finding better answers” is embodied in the work we do. Our clients look to us to deliver powerful business insights and to assist with addressing their most sensitive challenges. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your data analytics skills to help solve challenges.
Your key responsibilities
Manager/Senior Managers in our Forensics team will:
Work with the broader Forensics team (including forensic accountants and digital forensics professionals) to assist well-known Australian and global companies across a broad range of industries address their fraud risk through:
- Statistical analysis and modelling tools such as SAS, Alteryx, SPSS, Python, R or similar packages, data manipulation languages such as SQL
- Data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview or Spotfire
- Applying predictive modelling techniques to key business issues faced by our clients that can transform and improve their entire organisation
- Consulting with multiple stakeholders; develop forensic test procedures, data metrics and segmentations.
- Undertaking extensive analytical reviews of client data to produce insights that will assist our clients to:
- Detect irregular financial transactions
- Expose anomalous employee behaviour
- Identify error and waste in their operations
- Making a positive contribution to the improvement of our clients’ fraud control environment.
- Leading a team with responsibility for a robust set of tools and infrastructure to sanitize, store and manipulate data (following leading standards for data security and privacy)
- Drawing on your experience on your knowledge and experience, you’ll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries helping our clients, using our analytics to transform and improve their business
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
- With guidance from partners and directors, you’ll identify and act on potential business opportunities for EY
What we look for?
- Relevant experience in consulting or industry with 8+ years of experience for Senior Manager or 5+ years of experience for Manager
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop others, managing budgets, expectations, deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Strong academic record including a degree in: Accounting / Commerce / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Engineering.
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical language
- Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the team
- Analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge quickly to deliver insights and solve problems
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.