At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Senior Associate and Manager to join our Forensic Data Analytics, Forensic & Integrity Services team in our Singapore office.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates to join our team of enthusiastic and driven technical specialists who assist clients in working through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance, business disputes, and cyber-related incidents. You will be part of a multidisciplinary and culturally aligned team that works with leading organizations and trusted legal advisors. We guide our clients through the full data management life cycle, from the early stages of data scoping and collection all the way through data management, analysis, and reporting.
We are looking for candidates who have keen interest in combining leading forensic investigation and risk mitigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, natural language processing, machine learning algorithms and predictive modelling.
Your key responsibilities
- Be passionate about data analytics and the opportunities it provides to organizations
- Work with the broader EY Forensics team to assist leading local and multinational companies across a broad range of industries address their fraud risk
- Consult with various internal and external stakeholders, working with your teams to develop forensic testing procedures, data metrics and segmentation strategies
- Extract, validate, transform, and load data from multiple data sources into a centralized database/warehouse
- Perform analytical reviews of client data to produce insights that will assist our clients in the following, but not limited to:
- Detection of irregular financial transactions
- Exposing anomalous or unusual employee behavior
- Identification of error and waste across key processes
- Make a positive contribution to the improvement of our client’s fraud management and control environment
- Support senior team members in the preparation and presentation of client deliverables in a clear, structured manner
- Provide input into strategic data analytics initiatives, innovative solutions, new service offerings and programs
Skills and attributes for success
We’re interested in individuals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field (e.g. Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance)
- Experience in loading, querying, and transforming data using SQL and Python
- Experience in presenting results through data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A team player that displays strong interpersonal skills, is eager to learn, contribute to a team-oriented environment, and motivate others
- Strong communication skills and excellent command of spoken and written English
- Able to demonstrate strong time management skills and adapt quickly to changing environments as a result of new assignments/engagements
- Willingness to travel on assignments
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A demonstrated understanding of enterprise software solutions (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly present data, conclusions, and recommendations in a concise and structured manner
- Fraud investigation and/or compliance related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations and key business processes
- Experience in handling large volumes of data and providing practical business insights
- Prior experience in data analytics and statistical programming using tools such as R, SAS etc.
- Prior experience in machine learning, model development, AI, and process automation
- Strong stakeholder management and project delivery disciplines
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.