At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Forensic & Integrity Services | Senior Consultant
Successful organisations depend on their reputation for keeping promises, respecting laws and behaving ethically to maintain stakeholder trust. EY Forensic & Integrity Services professionals help organisations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. We assist organisations to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks.
We understand how organisations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world.
As a Senior Consultant in the Forensic Data Analytics team, you will work across all areas of Forensics including anti-money laundering, corruption, fraud and other investigations, commercial disputes, business integrity assignments, transaction disputes, fraud prevention and compliance programme development. You’ll build relationships with internal peers across the practice.
Using market leading advanced data analytic tools, we look beyond the obvious to delve deeper into the underlying patterns and trends. FDA team members typically apply their specialist skills to large or complex datasets coming from disparate data sources. Our team generates insights to support fraud investigations, disputes, and regulatory compliance challenges for our clients, across a range of industries. This is achieved by combining forensic investigation skills with advanced data analytics techniques. This might include historical scenario reconstruction, investigative data analysis, social network analytics, natural language processing, development of machine learning algorithms and predictive modelling.
Forensic Data Analytics is one of the core growth areas in a fast-growing Forensics practice. EY’s motto of “building a better working world” by “asking better questions and finding better answers” is embodied in the work we do. Our clients look to us to deliver powerful business insights and to assist with addressing their most sensitive challenges. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your data analytics skills to help solve challenges.
Your key responsibilities
Senior Consultants in our Forensics team will:
- Be passionate about data analytics and the opportunities it provides to organisations, and be able to communicate technical information in non-technical language
- Work with the broader Forensics team (including forensic accountants and incident response professionals) to assist Australian and global companies in addressing their fraud and compliance challenges
- Consult with stakeholders; develop forensic procedures and define measurable data metrics, and design investigative analysis
- Extract, validate, transform and load data from multiple data sources for deeper analysis
- Undertake extensive analytical reviews of client data to produce insights that will assist our clients with:
- detection of irregular financial transactions
- identification of anomalous employee behaviour
- targeting of error and waste in their operations
- Support senior team members in the preparation and presentation of client deliverables in a clear, structured manner
- Provide innovative thinking for strategic initiatives, new offerings and programs, and display a desire to contribute to the growth of the team
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries helping our clients, using our analytics to transform and improve their business
- Display critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail
In addition, you will also support the development and integration of our global Forensic Data Analytics platform, EY Virtual, into all of our Forensics Service offerings. You will have the opportunity to work with Forensics team members from various geographies to expand our capabilities in Oceania. You will have the chance to work directly with Forensic Data Analytics professionals who have successfully delivered FDA services via the platform to address our clients’ needs, and will act as a local “champion” supporting the broader Oceania Forensics practice in their knowledge and use of EY Virtual.
Skills and attributes for success
- Academic or professional experience in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics, Linguistics)
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling tools such as SAS, Alteryx, SPSS, Python, R or similar packages, and data manipulation languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview or Spotfire
- A demonstrated understanding of commercial relational database systems and enterprise software solutions (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Chris21, etc)
- A working knowledge of financial processes other business processes (e.g., regulatory reporting)
- Ablility to hypothesise, analyse and draw conclusions from financial and operational data and perform in-depth root-cause-analysis
- A demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present data, conclusions, and recommendations in a manner that is easily understandable by a variety of audiences
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Ability to think critically beyond task execution
- Skills in presenting and communicating analytical outcomes (MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career.
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.