Senior Consultant – Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services (FIDS)
EY is looking for Consultants / Senior Consultants to join the Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services team. Our fraud investigation and dispute professionals help clients deal with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes that could otherwise detract from client efforts to achieve their company’s potential.
As part of this team you’ll draw on knowledge of fraud assessment, monitoring and prevention to identify issues that need addressing. Your focus will be on helping organizations manage fraud risk more effectively and treat it as a critical business priority. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of modeling techniques, making this a great place to develop your technical and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
You will execute / lead client engagements related to financial fraud investigations (for e.g. asset tracing, money laundering, suspected violation of ethics, regulatory investigations & open-source intelligence), FCPA (Foreign corrupt practices Act) / UKBA (United Kingdom Bribery Act) compliance reviews, fraud risk assessment, dispute resolution support including assistance in matters pertaining to financial issues like business interruption, etc.
- Your client responsibilities:
- Execution on client engagement – ensuring quality delivery as per engagement letter.
- Ensure compliance with risk management strategies, plans and activities of the firm.
- Understand business & industry issues / trends. Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to the problem solving technique. The same can be utilized for research on delivery of solutions.
- Review of working papers and client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
- Manage the engagement budgets and support superiors in developing marketing collaterals, business proposals and new solution / methodology development.
- Your people responsibilities – You will :
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situation
- Support knowledge sharing efforts and continually improves processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing the key components of a portfolio of Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services projects, including strategy, planning and execution
- Constantly developing your understanding of our clients' industries, identifying trends, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Using technology to distribute your knowledge of leading-practice and enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role you must have
- Chartered Accountant / Certified Internal Auditor / Masters in Business Administration / Certified Fraud Examiner / LLB
- 1-5 years of relevant post qualification experience
- Experience in Forensic Investigation, Risk Advisory, Internal Audits, Process Diagnostics Reviews and allied areas.
- Preferred experience with any likely firms and / or large Corporate Internal Audit teams will be preferred
Ideally you’ll also have
- Strong inter-personal skills, report writing skills and good acumen of client business are essential.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.