At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
The Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) Analyst will work to address security incidents, hunt down security risks or incidents within the environment, and act as a supporting team member in Cyber Defense.
This position requires a good understanding of technology, tools, policies, and standards related to security systems and incident response. The incumbent must be competent to work at a proficient technical level of digital forensic, security incident response, and malware analysis, capable of identifying vectors of threats and security incidents, able to remediate or coordinate incident response efforts, and develop documentation to support the security incident response process.
Your key responsibilities
• Support complex forensic analyses handled by the firm.
• Investigate network intrusions and other cybersecurity incidents to determine the cause and extent of the breach. Includes ability to perform host-based and network-based analysis across all major operating systems and network device platforms.
• Preserve, harvest and analyse data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices.
• Produce high-quality oral and written work product, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
• Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
• Possess the experience, credibility, and integrity to perform as an expert witness.
• Consult with and take direction from supervisors, engagement managers, and clients regarding case investigation and status.
• Investigate instances of malicious code and documents to determine attack vectors and payloads.
• Develop and refine policies and procedures for forensic and malware analyses.
• Research, develop, and recommend hardware and software needed for incident response and help develop and maintain policies and procedures to analyse digital evidence.
• Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to cybersecurity and incident preparedness and ability to create targeted remediation plans for clients who have been compromised.
Skills and attributes for success
Must have experience in performing security incident response and/or digital forensic analysis in support of security incident responds
Demonstrated ability to document processes.
The ability to respond to crises objectively.
Proficiency with MS Office Applications
Must be able to work collaboratively across teams and physical locations
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor of Science Degree with major in computer Science.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience or equivalent education and experience.
• Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
• Intrusion detection
• Computer network surveillance/monitoring;
• Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, networkdevices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures;
• Experience in computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery;
• Computer network forensics.
• System log analysis
• Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
• Proficient English and Spanish level
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Risk assessment techniques and good communication skills are a plus.
• Desired Certifications :
– Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) -or-
– GIAC Certified Incident Handler(GCIH) -or-
– GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED) -or-
– Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) -or-
– GIAC Incident Handler (GCIH) -or-
– GIAC Intrusion Analyst(GCIA)
– GIAC Certification Forensic Analyst (GCFA) -or-
– GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes
What we offer
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.