Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for the regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve. Competitive business today is all about making intelligent and informed decisions: as a Financial Crime Senior Consultant, you will help make this happen.
With our support you will work with a range of regulatory projects within our Financial Crime team. That will mean using your technical knowledge and client facing experience to help prestigious clients in financial services market (Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management and Insurance) and make strategic and operational changes about their businesses.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, in our Financial Crime team, you will be part of multiple projects that require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes. The job description is the following one:
- Developing various AML projets’ for multiple clients that operates in financial services market;
- Providing inputs into the application of regulatory standards and support the development of solutions to resolve complex financial crime risks and issues;
- Be part of rigorous definition and implementation of AML processes and procedures in order to align the organizations with the international best practices and regulation;
- Definition of the AML risk management models, including the customer score risk, review, risk management policy and governance model;
- Developing AML regulatory assessments to identify gaps and recommendations for improvement in order to align with the international best practices and regulation;
- Supporting clients performing the investigation of suspicious activities regarding anti money laundering prevention and terrorist financing;
- Creating innovative and proportionate insights for our financial crime clients, adapting methods and practices to fit their business needs;
- Supporting the team management;
- Contributing to the development of the Financial Crime team acting as mentor and coach to the junior members of the team and leading by example;
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Functional knowledge about the local and international financial crime regulatory environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to delivery multiple projects and to present information in a clear and concise manner;
- A strong work ethic;
- Forward thinker and self-starter;
- Creative, proactive, team player and able to work under pressure.
- Business mindset and some commercial acumen.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Academic education in Economics, Management, Law or similar fields of study;
- At least 4 years of professional experience related with Financial Crime, AML and/or sanctions, mainly in consulting environment;
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies and authorities;
- Effective knowledge of Compliance fundamentals and requirements;
- Focused in project management;
- Ability to think out of the box and create multidisciplinary solutions;
- Full English Proficiency;
- Availability to work in Portugal and abroad.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working on international projects;
- Commercial acuity to develop existing opportunities in clients and identify and explore new ones.
What we look for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specializing within regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of Financial Crime activities and will have been involved in change projects and transformational projects. You will have a solid background in AML and Sanctions and will enjoy working in a collaborative and teaming environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching;
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
Join us in building a better working world.