Despite the best efforts of regulators, internal controls and risk departments, corruption and corporate fraud continue to impact businesses and governments across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no entity is immune. Society’s growing expectations in relation to Integrity, coupled with the increased transparency afforded by technology, pose an ever-changing landscape to all business leaders. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it, where they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (Forensics) and Assurance team is growing and as a Senior Manager, you will play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you will develop innovative recommendations to some of the most complex fraud and corruption issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries and geographies, you can expect to take on a wide range of prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge. Sounds interesting?
As all clients have unique issues, it is no exaggeration to say you will never be doing the same type of client engagement for too long. You will work with our clients’ finance functions (CFOs, Controllers, etc.), internal audit and compliance departments as well as with legal counsels in investigating complex accounting issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. You will also support our clients to proactively monitor and address important risks within their businesses. It is all about using and developing your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines, producing robust deliverables which contribute to Building a Better Working World.
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Up to 10 years of relevant Forensic accounting and investigations experience combined with the below experience and skills is a must for the role:
- External Audit in one of the big audit or mid-tier firms with a proven track record of outstanding performance
- Internal Audit working experience,
- Report writing skills
- Experience/ability to support our work products in litigation-expert witness support
- A professional accountancy qualification (CA/ACCA/ACA/CIA or equivalent)
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Experience in understanding and analyzing company accounts and financial information, processes, policies and procedures
- A curious, inquisitive mindset and enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Confidence to support clients in situations with significant ambiguity and uncertainty
- Knowledge on the fields of Investigations & Compliance
- Enthusiasm for working across borders in an open and multi-cultural environment and flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally (travelling is subject to Covid-19 limitations)
Ideally you will also have
- Proficiency with other than English foreign languages
- CIA/CFE qualification
What we look for
Working location: Athens
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, we will be happy to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.