At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We live in a new digital world with exciting new technologies and challenges. Businesses are re-evaluating the way they conduct business and undertaking strategic initiatives to enhance their operations to better serve their clients.
At EY, a technical business analyst supports our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with the clients’ strategic objectives. You will be working to integrate this capability into our full range of Consulting service offerings and help clients leverage data as an asset across all their business processes.
Our Canada Financial Crime group is currently seeking a Senior Technology Consultant. In the context of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing activities, the group works closely with clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret data. This provides better support for decision making, and better positioning to meet regulatory obligations. Our attentiveness and closer focus on details give clients an accurate overview and a better understanding of their risks.
The Financial Crime group provides innovative approaches that enable effective, documented and sustainable implementation of projects of high importance to our clients. We are working to integrate this expertise into our Consulting services, as well as all our internal projects, to leverage data as an asset across all business processes.
The Financial Crime Technology group offers expertise and services in the following areas of competency:
- Transaction monitoring : Monitor suspicious customer activity and in combination with the customer’s historical profile, generate a holistic customer risk profile to create better and smarter risk alerts
- Know Your Customer (KYC): Design and implement a robust KYC program covering the areas of initial customer onboarding, due diligence and customer refresh and remediation
- Screening : Establish a screening process to facilitate the vetting process against sanctions, watchlists, politically exposed persons and adverse media lists.
- Data Management and Integration: providing the foundational layers for enterprise data accessibility, covering data sourcing and integration, data warehouse and modeling, master data management, and data rationalisation and migration.
- Data Quality and Governance: developing an organisation that treats data as a critical enterprise asset and sources quality data for business use and regulatory compliance. This includes examining the fitness for purpose of data for specific business needs, data remediation, and the strategy, roles, policies and processes to effectively manage data through its lifecycle.
- Analytics: covers operational analytics, predictive analytics, industry models and analytics enablement, and provides actionable enterprise insight and delivers value from an enterprises data.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues across different functions. We succeed when we combine high performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
You key responsibilities:
- Demonstrating knowledge of Financial crimes compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML); Transaction Monitoring; Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD); sanctions and payment screening, surveillance and forensics; fraud – employee, card, deposit, payment, mobile, fraud incident investigations.
- Demonstrating capability to determine and analyse business requirements then translating them into specifications for technology deliverables.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders such as business users, Quality Assurance teams, project manager and technical team.
- Ability to accurately document business processes and map them to the end state.
- Demonstrating knowledge of and experience with business processes, process re-engineering, Agile ways of working and systems development lifecycle.
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies.
- Flexibility to work in the way that brings out the best in you and encourages you to do what you love, in an environment that supports you.
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career.
Skills & attributes for success
- Ability to effectively work across all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to provide excellent client service and manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in performing analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations to clients.
- Good knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. cloud, databases, Business Intelligence, software development, integration and customer experience platforms.
- Strong communication skills, including prioritising, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Ability to be self-sufficient within large companies (financial institutions, specifically)
- Be versatile, rigorous and curious
- Enjoy teamwork
- Have 5-10 years’ experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, informatics, operations research, engineering or a related field. A Master’s degree is an asset.
- Hands on experience working technologies/platform e.g. Power BI, Microsoft suite, Jira/Confluence, Azure DevOps.
- Demonstrated strong technical problem-solving abilities as well as clear proficiency in handling computer hardware, software, and networks
- Knowledge of French and English (bilingual)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in Business analysis/systems
- Consulting experience
- Experience in Anti-money laundering/terrorist financing activities/Fraud
- Experience in Risk Management
- Experience in Business Intelligence
- Experience in Solution Architecture
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Consulting space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.