At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a “Financial Crime Senior Advisor” within EY FinCrime Montreal. By joining EY, you will join a growing team of professionals with proven expertise in AML. You will be part of a group of highly talented people who are passionate, and for whom, day in and day out, are inspire on making a real difference.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will assist and help financial services firms improve their technology and their processes in a wide range of regulatory compliance areas. You will contribute to initiatives that provide strategic improvement of IT systems or operational processes supporting financial crime risk management. You will be in a client-oriented role focused on implementing regulatory measures, improving processes and technology, and recommending best practices to our clients in the fight against anti money laundering (AML), sanctions and fraud. You and your team will interact with clients to gain a deep understanding of our clients' unique needs and goals and focus on implementing best-in-class measures, processes and technology.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Able to work as a team-player with both compliance and technology consultants through all phases of a project lifecycle;
- Ability and ease to understand issues related to financial crime compliance, including regulations, industry practices and emerging technologies;
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and build strong relationships, both internally and externally;
- Be versatile, rigorous and curious;
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills;
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or related to financial crime. A master's degree is an asset;
- More than three years of experience in a financial services firm or consulting firm, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services firm
- Bilingualism (spoken/written)
Ideally you will also have
- Experience in the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) domains: Sanctions Screening , PEP Screening, Payment screening, Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Fraud risks.
- Experience with one or more FCC product suites such as : eSpear, FinScan, FircoSoft, NICE Actimize, Verafin
- Experience with one or more FCC data providers (including but not limited to) : Bureau van Dijk, ComplyAdvantage, Dow Jones, LexisNexis, Refinitiv,Accuity, World Check.
- Experience in designing, testing and deployment of the Tuning solutions into Production environment for the FCC product suites such as FML rules (Tuning and Business Rules) and Good Guys lists
- Experience in implementing both both Real-time and Batch Screening solutions
- Experience in testing and documentation of Audit controlled : Negative and positive test cases
- Experience in WatchList management and restructuring.
- Experienced in Integrating Tuning with multiple message types and payment gateways such as Swift, UAEFTS, local gateways, Trade Payments across geographies
- Experience in documenting Screening Solutions design, architecture , Operational Risk Frameworks , Target Operating Models, Operating Procedures and Internal Policies.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Sisence and others
- Financial Crime Certifications: Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS), Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is an asset
- Good Understanding of ISO20022 Standards is an asset
- Experience in project delivery.
What We Look For
We are looking for passionate professionals who have big ambitions and who want to stay abreast of the latest advances in FinCrime. If you're interested in helping businesses fight against financial crime, this role is for you.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.