Central CDD Team – Financial Crime (CDD) Manager (12 month FTC) UK&I Risk Management
Within the professional services environment, application of effective financial crime risk management is fundamental to both successful delivery of client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management (RM) encompasses the technical support and processes which enable the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery. The RM team supports EY in execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures. The team assists the development, maintenance, communication, and training of key Risk Management policies, provides advice on risk matters and monitors application of policy.
Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve.
There is an opening for a 12-month fixed term contract for a team Manager role. The successful applicant’s key responsibilities will include day to day operational management of the team’s SLA commitment to the business, people management for a team of CDD Analysts, oversight and development of systems and due diligence procedures within the Central CDD team. The team are based in Newcastle and support EY's UK and Ireland businesses with the first line of financial crime compliance procedures. The role will include being the first line subject matter expert on AML due diligence, EY's procedures and the technology used to support these processes. You will be responsible for managing a team and driving performance. You will also be required to work with others to establish excellent standards of work in a team environment. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Central CDD, Financial Crime, in Newcastle.
Your key responsibilities
You will, as a Central CDD team Manager, manage and develop a group of approximately six to eight Analyst’s covering money laundering, terrorism and sanctions compliance to cover all financial crime client acceptance and continuance procedures for the UK and Ireland business. You will ensure the team are kept up to date with legal, regulatory and industry practice developments through effective change management processes. Deal with escalations and approvals whilst providing the necessary support to the business by acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage the competence and capacity of the Central CDD team, including the management of operations and change management.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of client on-boarding and monitoring procedures, assess engagement risk and update and amend as necessary
- Assist with stakeholder management with the business
- Provide training and technical guidance to raise awareness
- Support the Senior Manager, Central CDD, as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in managing financial crime regulatory compliance at a similar level in a sophisticated business environment
- Strong technical experience
- Strong communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of staff all the way to a senior level
- Experience of managing and developing others
- Operational excellence skills in managing and improving quality, and effectively managing change into the team
- Adopts a ‘can do’ attitude and acts as a role model for more junior members of the team
- Ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels
- Proven ability to devise and implement appropriate system and process improvements
- Project Management and implementation experience is desirable
- Ability to take risk-based decisions and provide substantiated arguments
- Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Previous experience in a similar role and a strong proven track record
- Strong analytical skills and strong risk awareness.
- Ideally, a relevant Financial Crime, AML qualification
We are looking for a Financial Crime Manager with experience working in a large, matrixed environment with a strong track record of success particularly in building and implementing financial crime processes and controls.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!