At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Despite the best efforts of internal controls and risk departments, corporate fraud continues to challenge businesses across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no company is immune. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the leading Forensics practice as a Senior Manager. Our Forensic Investigations and Compliance team is growing, as a Senior Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you’ll develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of fraud prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of investigation for too long. You’ll work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. It’s all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Auditing companies and general accounts preparation
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (eg trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Corruption investigations and knowledge of regulatory environment including corruption issues (Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OECD convention on corruption, local corruption legislation, enforcement trends)
- Fraud and forensic investigations (eg occupational fraud, bankruptcy and insolvency, insurance fraud, mortgage fraud, procurement fraud)
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
To qualify for the role you must have
- Evidence of leading on small to mid-size engagements autonomously
- Market facing experience with key client management
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Experience dealing with large, global clients
- Broad experience dealing with a variety of sectors and industries
- Tangible experience leading and developing a team as a Senior Manager
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Foreign language skills
- A strong network in the Scottish market
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.