The Forensics Intern will assist with hands-on client project work, provide support to more senior-level team members in data collections, analysis projects, and help us evolve our growing practice through various continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with hands-on client work; provide support to more senior-level team members in data collections and analysis projects.
- Help evolve our growing practice through various continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Strong mastery of data collection, preservation, and chain of custody principles and procedures
- An understanding of file systems, various computer hardware, and computer networking concepts
- Strong Mac, Linux / UNIX, other operating systems experience is a plus
- Programming , scripting, and/or database design experience is a plus
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in Computer Forensics or Incident Response
- Proficient in the use of EnCase or AccessData Forensic Toolkit or open-source forensic tools, as well as supplementary forensics tools such as Cellebrite, Axiom, or Blacklight.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 40-60% of the time will be spent traveling.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.