- Full Time
The Digital Forensics (DFOR) Lab Associate will be responsible for a wide range of tasks supporting the Digital Forensics team and also the Segment’s data collection operations. Concurrent with these responsibilities, the Associate will receive skills training and hands-on experience towards become a full time FTI Technology Segment Consultant. Support will be provided across FTI’s multiple forensic labs across the United States and Canada and will play a key role in preparing and enabling DFOR Consultants to service and solve the challenging technical requests posed by FTI’s clients. Among other things, the Associate will specialize in managing FTI’s remote data collection capabilities and overseeing the logistics entailed.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
• Is very meticulous and organized – detailed documentation will be integral to oversee activity across multiple digital forensic labs.
• Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, organized way about processes and building efficiencies.
• Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
• Craves industry knowledge – wants to be immersed in the digital forensics community and strives to stay on top of the ever-changing technology landscape.
• Able to travel when requested. Regularly scheduled trips to other U.S./Canadian labs expected.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate remote data collection activity.
- Prepare remote collection toolkits and manage delivery to custodians.
- Receive and intake of collection toolkits and upload collected data.
- Oversee U.S./Canadian Digital Forensic lab activity including:
- Assist with managing and track forensic evidence and chain of custody
- Monitor forensic software licenses for up to date versions and coordinate with internal staff to prevent license expiration
- Coordinate development, deployment, and maintenance of consistent documentation templates across all labs including but not limited to Chain of Custody, Acquisition Records, and Asset Tags.
- Track inventory levels of forensic equipment across physical labs and help to maintain those levels
- Work with internal staff to maintain FTI’s AWS cloud-based resources.
- Coordinate and manage internal team documentation including DFOR Wiki’s and MS Teams sites.
- Participate in the testing of various Digital Forensic software and tools
- Stay “plugged in” to and monitor the evolving Digital Forensic marketplace and suggest new tools to allow the broader team to work efficiently.
- Contact vendors and set up demos for the wider DFOR team.
- Work with the DFOR team to continue to develop and automate internal processes to deliver for our clients more effectively.
How You’ll Grow
The Associate will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and skills across the full spectrum of service lines with FTI Consulting’s Technology Segment offers. While fulfilling the coordination duties of the forensic lab, the Associate will gain exposure to various training opportunities and be set on a path to become a full-time Consultant. The person in this role will have the opportunity to inject new and creative solutions into the day-to-day support of client matters.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant coursework or experience, and a strong interest in, Computer Science, Engineering, Digital Forensics, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- COVID Vaccine required.
- Experience in Digital Forensics, Litigation Support, Information Systems or other relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the Federal Rules of Civil procedure and understands the concepts of Chain of Custody.
- Experience in evidence tracking, lab management, software licensing management, etc.
- Strong understanding of and comfort with computer hardware, cell phones, and tablets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level experience with Microsoft Excel, Teams and SharePoint preferred.
- Experience with EnCase, Axiom, Cellebrite, Oxygen, Blacklight, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), NUIX, and/or open source (Linux) forensic tools a plus.
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance