To apply for this job email your details to Americas.Recruitment@controlrisks.com
Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organizations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organization.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realize opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development
and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and
inclusive global environment.
This is an exciting career opportunity for candidates who have a passion for Greater
We are looking to hire a motivated Researcher / Associate Consultant to enhance our
leading market position and provide innovative solutions to unique challenges faced by
the clients in the market. This role will provide investigative and professional advisory
services by conducting standard public records research and primary research for clients
investing and operating in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. .
Tasks and responsibilities
– Conduct standard public record research and simple overt enquiries in English and
– Liaise with Control Risks’ network of market intelligence providers
– Evaluate and express findings in reports and other client deliverables
– Basic project management (including administrative procedures)
– Support the assembly of service proposals
– Identify new research resources (online, market intelligence providers)
Knowledge and experience
English (fluent), and Mandarin (fluent)
– Computer literacy
– 1-3 years working experience in consulting / financial services / research- driven roles
– Experience with the use of corporate, media and other specialist databases is ideal but
– Knowledge of the political, security and business environment in China
Qualifications and specialist skills
– Minimum university degree
– Ability to pay attention to detail even under time pressure or repetition
– Ability to process and understand large amounts of information, summarize, prioritize
and present key findings concisely, and then effectively communicate these findings to
– Ability to maintain an analytical and investigative mindset while working through
– Ability to work well on a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
– Collaborative and receptive attitude to feedback and review of work
– Strong team player with the ability and willingness to respond to unexpected
developments quickly and prioritize correctly