To apply for this job email your details to Cyber.Recruitment@controlrisks.com
Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organizations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organization.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realize opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development
and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and
inclusive global environment.
To support the existing team in responding to incidents and crises.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Maintain records of each case worked on by Cyber Response.
– Manage case management metrics tools and support in analysing case histories
to drive insights for future use.
– Support the CIR team who are advising clients on post incident cyber crisis
management independently or in conjunction with Control Risks response
– Support initial assessment of case and where appropriate, providing immediate
verbal/written advice, recorded in an initial information gathering form.
– Support the CIR team as it provides clients with on-going advice covering:
– Liaison with key stakeholders, communicators/intermediaries.
– Options, contingency plans and recommendations for managing the technical
and non-technical elements of response.
– Additional technical support e.g. network forensics or additional support to the
Digital Forensics department; that may be required alongside any non-technical
support e.g. external legal counsel.
– Discuss and input into communications strategies and plans.
– Provide situation reports and other significant case related material to the client
and the Partner for Cyber Security.
– Provide documentation to the Associate Director for Cyber Security in sufficient
time to allow review and feedback, before submitting to a client.
– Produce case summary and other reports as directed.
Supporting the growth of the Cyber Response practice
– Refining Control Risks’ cyber response methodologies and approaches and
tailoring the approach in changing market conditions.
– Supporting marketing initiatives.
– Support in creating proposals and bid-related material
– Support client presentations and pitches relating to new cyber response
– Work closely with other Control Risks departments on joint opportunities
Knowledge and experience
– Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and key cyber security concepts.
– Ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form.
– Able to explain difficult technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms.
– Ability to see security from the attacker’s point of view.
– Business proficiency in European Languages
– Good knowledge of IT and network infrastructure.
Qualifications and specialist skills
– Degree level qualification, preferably in a field related to risk, security, information
security, intelligence or computer science.
– Shows initiative in work, contributing new solutions or new ways of doing things.
Knows when to escalate or not.
– Clear, committed and delivers on what is required in role and strives to exceed
expectations. Shows drive and determination to achieve high standards.
– Capable of handling multiple priorities and tight deadlines while interacting with
colleagues and clients in sometimes challenging situations.
– Works with colleagues in a co-operative and supportive manner to achieve joint
– Comfortable with change, adapts well to changing demands and maintains a
positive personal style
– Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing. Plans and organises own
– Strong interpersonal skills; must be collegial, outgoing and able to network and
influence both internally and externally with a sense of variety in people,
industries and functions.