About The Role
We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
Senior Consultants will perform construction contract auditing and/or project auditing, claims, litigation advisory services, dispute resolution, project management, construction management, construction contracts administration and/or procurement, capital budgeting and construction cost estimating, best practices studies of project management effectiveness and performance, financial modeling, real estate and construction business development, and/or project controls advisory services.
We are looking for individuals with educational backgrounds in accounting, engineering, or construction management.
The candidates should have two or more years of accounting/consulting, construction industry experience or equivalent. The individual should have some combination of accounting, consulting or auditing experience.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with planning and scheduling of engagements
- Review construction bid packages, proposals, contracts, amendments and supplemental information such as labor rate breakdowns, equipment rental rates and general condition costs
- Review change orders for appropriateness and accuracy
- Review, analyze and prepare construction claims, construction cost information and/or government contract information
- Perform dispute related analyses such as cost and damage analyses
- Prepare labor productivity studies
- Develop project specific financial models and tools
- Conduct contract and operational compliance audits
How You’ll Grow
You’ll get the opportunity to develop your communication (written and verbal), mathematical and organizational skills.
You’ll gain proficiency in your knowledge of PC environment and related software including Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Microsoft Project, and various project management software tools (Procore, PlanGrid, Smartsheet, Smart PM, Aconex, Autodesk). You may travel to jobsite locations depending on client needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering is preferred.
- 2+ years accounting/consulting experience
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Ideal candidates will preferably hold one or more of the following certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Construction Auditor (CCA), Construction Controls Professional (CCP) or relevant on-the-job experience.
- This role travels to client sites and FTI Office locations.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance