We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients. FTI is looking for candidates responsible for advanced analytics and data engineering across a range of litigation/disputes, compliance, financial crime and fraud investigation applications. The practice works with clients both in the context of major one-time events critical to the business as well as establishing always-on solutions to drive growth and to manage risk. The Data & Analytics team employs a range of analytics tools and techniques as well as highly expert data engineering capabilities to deliver solutions. In addition to traditional investigative analytics, the team implements and deploys practical data-oriented solutions to real world business problems, particularly in litigation and investigations.
Joining as a Senior Consultant you will be partnered frequently with subject matter experts across FTI, giving the unique opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients as well as to engage with a core team of economists, strategy consultants, technologists or corporate finance professionals from across the FTI organization.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for delivering day-to-day data analytics services to our clients. You will provide clients with analytics solutions through complex data-intensive analyses requiring a deep understanding of relationships among multiple internal and external data sources, complex modelling, and information sharing. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing work streams within a project, and effectively delegating responsibilities to junior team members.
- Designing and executing the development of analytic solutions using a range of algorithms and tools as appropriate for the problem presented by the client.
- Designing and implementing complex data models including both external and internal client data to facilitate analysis.
- Supporting the research and development of data and analytics assets used across project and solutions.
- Providing core analytic development and data engineering work at the core of all projects.
- Interacting on a day-to-day basis with FTI team members, client personnel and advisors.
- Preparing project documentation, visualizations and written analyses, reports, or presentations.
- Nimbly juggling multiple client and internal priorities and switching between tasks, sometimes in a high-pressure environment.
All of the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
How You’ll Grow
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Experience delivering consulting services in a context of Financial Crime, Litigation, or Investigations.
- Experience in Financial services industry.
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Math’s, or other STEM education.
- Experience working in a team-orientated environment.
- Experience in a combination of SQL and Python.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required*
- Proficient in data engineering using data stores including MS SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Hadoop or other distributed data technologies. Experience using data visualization tools is a plus.
- Having strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and spoken) and organizational skills.
- Being highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn and able to motivate others.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently and adapt quickly to dynamic tasks and deadlines resulting from new or changing priorities.
- Able to provide quality assurance and supervision and effectively communicate status and escalate priority issues.
- Able to produce high quality work product under challenging time constraints.
- Willingness to travel internationally for both short- and long-term client engagements.
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance