We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of accounting disputes and financial investigations, which will include preparing expert witness reports. These will generally involve interactions with other team members, client personnel and professionals from other firms involved in our engagements. Your primary responsibilities will include:
– Identifying information relevant to the scope of our work, communicating with lawyers and clients to request this information and, in certain circumstances, visiting client sites in order to collect it;
– Organising information to facilitate effective data access and analysis;
– Forensic analysis of financial information and communications to identify (and document) a sequence of events.
– Interpretation of accounts and accounting (UK GAAP and IFRS) and consideration of compliance with International Standards on Auditing;
– Performing industry and company research using online tools and publicly available information;
– Preparing written analyses, summaries of our findings and reports;
– Communicating preliminary findings to engagement stakeholders;
– Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel;
– Drafting assignment proposal documentation.
All of the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
How You’ll Grow
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
– Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent international accountancy qualification;
– Forensic and/or investigations experience or experience in a technical accounting or audit group, and at least four years of professional experience in total (including audit);
– Any degree discipline.
– Strong technical accounting skills;
– Advanced analytical and problem solving skills;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills;
– Ability to operate as part of a team (both with junior and senior team members) and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations;
– Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications and document management systems;
– Advanced skills in Excel;
– Ability to travel at short notice;
-Additional language skills are a plus
– Travel required to clienta and to FTI office (s).
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.