About the Role
You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of accounting disputes and financial investigations, which will include preparing expert witness reports. These will generally involve interactions with other team members, client personnel and professionals from other firms involved in our engagements. Your primary responsibilities will include:
– Identifying information relevant to the scope of our work, communicating with lawyers and clients to request this information and, in certain circumstances, visiting client sites in order to collect it;
– Organising information to facilitate effective data access and analysis;
– Forensic analysis of financial information and communications to identify (and document) a sequence of events.
– Interpretation of accounts and accounting (UK GAAP and IFRS) and consideration of compliance with International Standards on Auditing;
– Performing industry and company research using online tools and publicly available information;
– Preparing written analyses, summaries of our findings and reports;
– Communicating preliminary findings to engagement stakeholders;
– Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel;
– Drafting assignment proposal documentation.
All of the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
– Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
– Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent international accountancy qualification;
– Forensic and/or investigations experience or experience in a technical accounting or audit group, and at least four years of professional experience in total (including audit);
– Any degree discipline.
– Strong technical accounting skills;
– Advanced analytical and problem solving skills;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills;
– Ability to operate as part of a team (both with junior and senior team members) and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations;
– Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications and document management systems;
– Advanced skills in Excel;
– Ability to travel at short notice;
-Additional language skills are a plus
This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices