- Full Time
The Business Intelligence practice within the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment is seeking a Project Assistant to support their teams, manage client processes and ensure the smooth functioning of the business. The candidate must be experienced in supporting senior management at a high level, be highly numerate, have good written skills, the ability to take initiative and prioritise multiple tasks.
A key focus of the role will be to manage and co-ordinate the administration of client processes so that project and billing arrangements are centralised, organised, timely and efficient. Whilst not requiring financial qualifications, the successful candidate will have experience and a keen interest in bringing rigour to project delivery processes including managing project set up from the initial sales lead and conflict checks to managing the full commercial life cycle of a project including cost and fee reconciliations including sub-contractor arrangements, invoicing and WIP management and ensuring efficient closing down of projects.
The role will also involve some EA support to the team’s leadership as well as overseeing new joiners’ processes and helping with initiatives and internal projects such as marketing campaigns, as required.
Accuracy and attention to detail are essential. The nature of the business is driven by client deadlines and on occasion the successful candidate may be required to work outside the core hours at short notice. The role will be suited to someone who enjoys a full, varied and sometimes deadline-driven day. The successful candidate will be self-assured, flexible, reliable with a positive demeanour, be the glue of the team and have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Provide end to end client and project commercial management process support, overseeing the project life cycle, delivery assurance and best practice processes
- Work with management on team operations and organisation
- Ensure subcontractors are successfully and efficiently onboarded using the internal onboarding system, working closely with our Human Resources team to ensure subcontractor contracts are kept up to date and are in accordance with IR35
- Manage the subcontractor tracker and collating and processing complex subcontractor invoices, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Financial reporting – including pulling client matter reports for the team
- Client billing – working closely with our billing team to finalise monthly client invoices and sending these to clients
- Open client projects within our CRM system – following the internal process from start to finish to open a high volume of client projects
- Update the team’s client project tracker
- Join team meetings to take notes and action points
- Manage the team’s subscriptions and databases and ensuring invoices are processed in a timely matter
- Diary management to senior leadership in team
- Track new joiner processes, ensure smooth onboarding and follow through
- Liaise with marketing and management of team bios and case studies
- Arrange client and social events for the team
- Provide admin support to the growing Business Intelligence team, being the go-to in the team for ad hoc requests
- Experience of managing admin and finance processes through the life-cycle of projects
- Experience using CRM database Salesforce is desirable but not essential
- Ability to prioritise workload and to deal with multiple parties and requests
- Strong attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proven experience of supporting a busy team, preferably in a consulting or financial environment is highly desirableG1
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to communicate on behalf of senior leaders both to internal and external parties
- Ability to work under time pressure and be available as needed
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to establish rapport with people at all levels
- Ability to handle confidential issues with utmost sensitivity
- Strong levels of discretion and integrity
- Ability to pursue and find solutions when they may not be immediately visible or available
The candidate should have advanced Microsoft Office applications skills, numerate agility and excellent interpersonal and communications skills underpinned by a proactive and positive approach.