Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant for the IBM X-Force Incident Response team, you will manage all aspects of a security engagement from inception to completion. The application of formal and structured methodologies to provide customers with a consistent level of quality that reflects the knowledge and experience of IBM is a must. You will develop and present accurate and timely deliverables to customers outlining appropriate technical solutions, next steps, and accurate conclusions. Finally, you will possess a strong ability to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of incident response and security policies and programs in use. Consultants are required to work within occasional 24×7 requirements, 25% travel both domestic and international.
In this role you will have demonstrated skills in various elements of Incident Response, conducting computer intrusion investigations, and have a strong foundation in cyber security policy, operations and best practices; ideally in large enterprise environments. You will have proficiency with leading EDR tools as well as familiarity with forensic analysis tools such as X-Ways, EnCase Forensic or FTK and live response analysis. Furthermore, familiarity with Windows and Linux enterprise environments and systems such as Active Directory, Exchange, FWs, IPS/IDS, SIEMs, etc. is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. When not responding to breaches, you will conduct enterprise threat hunting, help clients develop incident response plans, facilitate tabletop and purple team exercises as well as provide other strategic security services related to incident response.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years consulting experience with subject matter expertise in one or more of the following specialties: incident response, digital forensics, security operations, malware analysis, disaster recovery, and/or business continuity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and advise senior and executive level clients regarding strategic and tactical processes of incident response.
- Advanced understanding of information security governance concepts, including familiarity with elements of cyber security incident response plans, incident response management, and lifecycle.
- A strong understanding of attacker methodologies, attack lifecycle, cyber kill chain, etc.
- Diverse understanding of cyber security-related vulnerabilities, common attack vectors, attacker methodologies, and mitigations.
- Experience with assessing and developing enterprise-wide policies and procedures for IT risk mitigation and incident response.
- Experience hunting threat actors in large enterprise networks and cloud environments.
- Ability to manage tasks and coordinate work streams during incident response investigations.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certified in CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE or equivalent
- Skills and experience with cloud platforms like IBM Cloud, AWS, GCP & Azure