- Full Time
FTI is involved in complex, global, and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory and investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
This Associate Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Global Risk and Investigations Practice; It’s a regional position based in Bogota. The Associate Director will serve as Project Manager to internal investigations, data analytics, business intelligence, damages calculation and due diligence matters. He will manage other consultants in order to attend project needs and will oversee all work product and client deliverables under her umbrella to maintain quality
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, most of the learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 5%.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Lead on business development activities to continue expanding our investigations, risk management, disputes & arbitration, damages, Data Analytics, Cyber and Business Intelligence offerings throughout the region.
- Act as project manager and lead on projects without oversight for risk management, Cyber, D&A, internal investigations, forensic accounting, damages calculation, data analytics, business intelligence, and due diligence.
- In-detail review of work product from consultants, other senior consultants, associate directors and subcontractors to ensure quality and organization across the board.
- Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs.
- Responsibility for day-to-day activities of economic expert witness reports, fraud investigations, Cyber, D&A and corporate intelligence projects.
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information; prepare reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project´s scope and/or result of activities.
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service.
- Apply Data Analytics techniques and tools to fraud investigations, identifying behaviors, patterns, and trends in financial databases.
- Perform financial and economic analysis in order to support the strategy of clients in their disputes. This analysis includes damages estimations, loss of profits, balance and profit losses analytical review creating financial models, among others.
- Collect data from numerous and diverse internal and external sources in order to identify market, regulatory, industry and investment trends- special focus on the diversified financial services industry: e.g. Retail banking, Private banking and wealth management, Corporate banking and capital markets, Asset management, Life and property insurance, Risk, liquidity and capital management, Payments.
- Design, develop, and implement innovative reports/dashboards using Excel, IBM i2, Power Point, Access, Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Draft presentations and business cases for internal audiences.
- Organize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis:
- Turn data into meaningful insights.
- Turn insights into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
- Perform industry research, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes.
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate.
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm.
- Leverage data and insights to understand product, segment financials and drivers, finding strategies to boost client engagement.
- Manage end-to-end channel execution. Channels include Salesforce, the website and other touchpoints as they become available.
- BS or BA college degree required (BA in Law, Classics, Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, Accounting)
- Minimum 3 years of consulting experience
- Good quality review skills
- Good knowledge of database management
- Experience in managing structured and unstructured data sources
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Spanish
- Proficiency is database software.
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
- Extensive experience working with a broad range of public records including criminal and civil proceedings, bankruptcies, corporation records, property records, international corporate documents
- Extensive experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research (e.g. Accurint, LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.)
- Ideally, experience with data analytics platforms such as Tableau
- Experience assigning work to subcontractors, negotiating budgets and deadlines
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- FTI University, LinkedIn learning, Coursera.