Our Forensic Litigation and Consulting team in Singapore are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
In specific, the Risk Advisory and Investigations team conducts research and investigations to uncover actionable intelligence and performs value-added analysis to help decision-makers address and mitigate risk, protect assets, and make informed investment decisions to maximize opportunities.
Our experts conduct independent investigations to help clients resolve a variety of issues, including:
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and cross-border transactions
- Anti-bribery and foreign corruption (FCPA / UK Bribery Act) investigations and risk assessments
- Forensic accounting and fraud investigations
- Business intelligence
- Assets searches
- Vendor screening & assessment programmes
- Intellectual property theft and brand protection
- Whistleblower allegations
- Fraud risk assessments
- Commercial and regulatory disputes
- Litigation and compliance support
You will supervise, execute and complete client engagements, with accountability for day-to-day activities. You will undertake investigations and complex accounting and investigative study, prepare reports and supervise the work of junior staff.
You will work directly with senior members of the team, and receive internal training, on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
You will need to develop a strong knowledge of the legal process, especially with regard to litigation, fraud and compliance issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related disciplines.
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification.
- At least 3-5 years of professional accounting/audit experience, including experience in financial investigations, litigation support and expert witness services, and/or business valuation.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required; a written and spoken South East Asian language will be added advantage.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and quantitative skills.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting standards.
- Study and interpret large volumes of accounting records.
- Participate in investigative interviews and client meetings.
- Research and analysis of information from public-domain sources and field inquiries to support due diligence assignments, business intelligence projects and other types of investigations.
- Evaluation of information and information sources for accuracy, reliability and relevance in assessing risk.
- Review and study of local language information and, creation of research reports in English, presentations and where needed link charts or similar diagrams to record investigative actions and findings.
- Provision of advice on how to mitigate risk.
- Strong attention to details.
- Experience of guiding teams working on client site, and liaise with clients, including lawyers, in house counsel and senior accounting personnel.
- Undertake networking and marketing activities to begin to develop professional contacts.
- Contribute to company initiatives and team development activities.
- Adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
- Ability to work on multiple clients matters at one time.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with senior team members and the client in demanding, deadline-oriented situations.
- Strong work ethic and integrity and high level of professionalism.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office applications
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
- A variety of fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.