We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The Sao Paulo Data & Analytics practice is looking for candidates responsible for advanced analytics and data engineering across a range of litigation/disputes, compliance, financial crime and fraud investigation applications. The practice works with clients both in the context of major one-time events critical to the business as well as establishing always-on solutions to drive growth and to manage risk. The Data & Analytics team employs a range of analytics tools and techniques as well as highly expert data engineering capabilities to deliver solutions. In addition to traditional investigative analytics, the team implements and deploys practical data-oriented solutions to real world business problems, particularly in litigation and investigations.
The Sao Paulo office of the Data & Analytics practice within the Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment of FTI Consulting is looking for candidates with 5+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on problem solving, predictive analytics, or related.
Joining as a Senior Director you will be partnered frequently with subject matter experts across FTI, deeply integrated into the Sao Paulo Risk & Investigations team and its Senior Leadership, giving the unique opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients as well as to engage with a core team of forensic accountants, strategy consultants, technologists or corporate finance professionals from across the FTI organization.
Our team environment:
Our people are our firm. Like with our clients, we build enduring relationships with our employees, who grow with FTI consulting from their potential to realization of their best selves. We value diversity in our businesses and our people because it makes us more effective for our clients, and as such, aspire to create inclusive teams optimized to innovate, and work environments that enable recognition of personal and professional ambitions and overall wellbeing. Our people and our clients choose FTI Consulting because we develop new, attract leading, and retain the best experts.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for delivering day-to-day data analytics services to our clients and internal teams. You will provide clients with analytics solutions through complex data-intensive analyses requiring a deep understanding of relationships among multiple internal and external data sources, complex modelling and information sharing. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, FTI Consulting’s team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Identifying and help recruit additional junior team members to the D&A team
- Managing work streams within a project, and effectively delegating responsibilities to junior team members and collaborating with peers.
- Effectively working with clients in order to develop the work plan for identifying, acquiring, synthesizing, mining and evaluating relevant data.
- Designing and executing the development of analytic solutions using a range of algorithms and tools as appropriate for the problem presented by the client.
- Designing and implementing complex data models including both external and internal client data to facilitate analysis.
- Managing the research and development of data and analytics assets used across project and solutions.
- Preparing project documentation, visualisations and written analyses, reports, or presentations.
- Managing multiple client and internal priorities, demonstrating sound risk management and reasoning, sometimes in a high-pressure environment.
- Identification of potential opportunities and effectively communicating service offerings through both internal and external channels.
- Mentoring and developing team members.
All the above must be undertaken with a view to delivering quality output to our clients within established timeframes.
How You’ll Grow
Working in the Data & Analytics practice provides the opportunity to work in a leveraged, team-based model of diversely skilled, intelligent, motivated and successful individuals. Team members regularly exceed expectations and are recognized; accordingly, through promotion, compensation, public recognition and feedback. Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required*
- Experience in manipulating and analysing large amounts of data.
- Experience in managing teams when delivering consulting services in a context of financial crime, litigation, or investigations.
- Experience in financial services industry projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Maths or other STEM education.
- Experience working in a team-orientated environment.
- Experience in a combination of SQL and a programming language such Python or similar.
- Demonstrated experience around solution innovation.
- Effective at implementing recognised project management methodologies.
- Proficient in data engineering using data stores including MS SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Hadoop or other distributed data technologies.
- Experience with designing dashboards using data visualization tools, including Tableau and Power BI.
- Having strong interpersonal and excellent communication (written and spoken) and organisational skills.
- Being highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn and able to motivate others.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently and adapt quickly to dynamic tasks and deadlines resulting from new or changing priorities.
- Able to provide quality assurance and supervision, and effectively communicate status and escalate priority issues.
- Able to produce high quality work product under challenging time constraints.
- Willingness to travel internationally for both short- and long-term client engagements.
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com .
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks