About the role
Do you have a passion for investigating and combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Economic Sanctions, Proliferation Financing and Bribery and Corruption? We are currently building out our Financial Crime Compliance service offering and exploring new opportunities and new markets. We are looking for people at various levels and with demonstrable subject matter expertise and relevant consulting, regulatory and/or in house experience to help us build the business and support our clients.
As a Financial Crime Director/Senior Director you will have the opportunity to help our clients mitigate their Financial Crime Compliance risks as well as to improve their ability to meet regulatory requirements, expectations, and industry guidance for sound programs and controls. You will build your professional skills in a variety of project experiences by assisting our clients to understand the complexities of issues they face, and by implementing solutions to help them remediate identified issues.
Against an increasingly complex regulatory landscape the FTI Consulting Financial Crime Compliance team help clients in their efforts to mitigate risk and achieve compliance. We do this by leveraging our deep knowledge of industry regulations and demonstrated methodologies to help clients design, assess, and transform their processes. We work with our clients to help them effectively navigate a regulatory investigation or inquiry, and by helping them to achieve the overall risk profile they need to power their organization forward.
What You’ll Do
In this interesting and diverse role, you will have the opportunity to work with our worldwide network of member firms. You will be involved in providing advice and guidance to clients across the client lifecycle from onboarding to off-boarding. Thus, experience in implementing mitigating controls to address identified financial crime risk will be a key requirement. In a variety of engagements, you will be involved in.
- The design, review, enhancement, implementation, and monitoring of numerous anti-money laundering and sanctions detection and compliance programs for clients.
• Engagements may include assessing AML risk at the enterprise and business unit level, drafting and enhancing policies and procedures, creating and delivering training modules, compliance assessments, transaction monitoring “look backs” pursuant to regulatory orders, Know Your Customer (“KYC”) remediations, internal controls assessments, internal investigations, and independent testing.
• Delivery – Work as part of the delivery team, leading workstreams for major client projects including project management, stakeholder engagement, document reviews, client interviews, process walk-throughs, developing solutions and drafting reports and leading complete projects for other clients. We would expect candidates to be comfortable working with high levels of autonomy with limited supervision.
• Thought Leadership – Develop the brand of FTI and the Financial Crime Compliance team by creating interesting and thought- provoking collateral, participating in industry events (including speaking at selected industry conferences).
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in private or public sector AML-focused based roles (compliance or operational).
• General and broad subject matter expertise in AML, Economic Sanctions, Proliferation Financing and/or Anti-Bribery regulations as they apply to bank and non-bank financial institutions, including Consumer, Wholesale, Corporate and Investment and Private Wealth Management.
• Ability to draft, edit and/or critically review AML/Economic Sanctions/Proliferation Financing/Anti-Bribery Compliance policies, standards and procedures.
• Ability to coordinate AML/Economic Sanctions/Proliferation Financing/Anti-Bribery training efforts including the development and delivery of training
• Ability to coordinate/develop annual AML/Economic Sanctions/Proliferation Financing/Anti-Bribery compliance, testing and assessment reviews
• Ability to coordinate enterprise-wide, new product and services AML/Sanctions/Proliferation Financing risk assessment exercises
• Ability to provide advice regarding Financial Crime regulations and requirements to clients on regulatory, transactional and documentation issues
• Must be flexible with potential for significant travel to meet the requirements of client service projects
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Be able to work independently as a Subject Matter Expert
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Bachelor’s degree
- Certifications such as CAMS and CFE or similar
• AML/CFT and Sanctions Regulatory experience
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks