The European FTI Cybersecurity team are a dynamic and skill-diverse group of individuals driven by a single goal: empowering our clients to operate in the most secure manner possible. The varied professional backgrounds boasted by our team include senior national security roles, Big Four consultancy, military engineering, digital forensics, corporate cybersecurity advisory and academia – with each of these providing valuable approaches and perspectives to the work we deliver. Our projects are varied and exciting; whilst, at times, our clients approach us to help them proactively identify the critical security gaps in their infrastructure, the FTI Cybersecurity team regularly respond to clients in distress who’ve fallen victim to cyber-attacks and cyber-enabled frauds of varying types and severity. We excel at, and are motivated by, solving complex challenges, and offering constructive solutions to difficult cybersecurity questions; and our high client return rate is demonstrative of our commitment to cultivating client relationships, discretion, agile responsiveness, thorough investigation, and unambiguous guidance.
We operate as one global cybersecurity team and P&L. Collaboration, both within our team and with other parts of the business (such are Strategic Communications, Technology and Data Science), are central to how we operate. Our engagements typically draw on expertise from across our business and geographies.
As a relatively new team within FTI Consulting, our spirit is fundamentally entrepreneurial – we thrive on initiative, actively encouraging team members at all levels to own and drive aspects of our development. We are working hard to foster a culture of inclusivity and respect based on team-oriented thinking and honest, open communication. Our leadership acknowledge that team members will have responsibilities and demands on their time outside of work and will always make every effort to offer flexible and/or remote working to accommodate these other priorities.
We value talent. We look for aptitude. [Our alumni include noble prize winners.] We recognize the need to attract, retain and develop talent. We value true diversity of opinion and background. We understand the importance of working environments. We believe in providing our people continuous professional development to maintain our expert brand.
More specifically, we are looking for technical cybersecurity experts with experience in all or some of the following: intelligence collection, incident response, insider threat analysis, network operations, emerging cyber policy, security operations (malware analysis, specialized cloud expertise, forensic experts, penetration testing, and application testing). With offices worldwide, we are able to uncover and analyze critical information wherever a need exists—no matter how intricate the investigation may be.
You will perform a wide range of cybersecurity engagements in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment; summarizing the results accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations; managing a team of Consultants and Senior Consultants on engagements which involve teams of investigative researchers; and providing oral reports to clients, when appropriate.
• Develop the Incident Response activities in France.
• Develop strategies to expand the portfolio of services offered and improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery.
• Lead cyber incident responses with global and multidisciplinary team.
• Manage analysis of technical data quickly to triage breaches and understand root causes and impacts.
• Supervise results of incident analysis, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of cybersecurity.
• Lead digital forensic investigations.
• Contributing to sophisticated, polished and readable reports for our valued client base of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and multi-national corporations.
• Support remediation activities for post-breach clients, where appropriate.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate client needs and provide appropriate advises and recommendations.
What You’ll Bring
• Experience: as a Senior Manager/Director, you will already have Specialized experience in cyber incident response and cyber incident management. You will likely have one (or more) of the following:
1. A strong degree from a top university/engineering or business school with perhaps some work experience in research. Note, we are open to a degree in any subject so long as clear consulting, research and investigative skills are demonstrated. We can help develop your technical skills and experience.
2. Demonstrable work experience, a versatility and level of comfort across multiple technologies including Cloud and Operational Technologies (OT), interests in cryptocurrency and NFT, and demonstrable problem-solving skills. You will be comfortable working with cybersecurity solutions and be able to show how you bring these skills to solve problems you’ve not seen before.
3. Work experience of minimum eight years as an cybersecurity Senior Manager/Director or incident respond Senior Manager/Director at cyber security or forensics companies, or within the public services (government, law enforcement and military). You may have specific cyber certifications (eg GIAC…) and might also be on a national accreditation scheme (PRIS).
4. Understanding of data loss / data theft prevention concepts and technologies
5. Understanding of eDiscovery and digital forensics concepts and technologies.
6. Analytical ability – The applicant should have experience identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open source information.
7. Strategic planning and resourcefulness – The applicant will be responsible for developing investigative plans and strategies for engagements and producing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
8. Experience identifying and managing work performed by subcontractors, including negotiating budgets and deadlines.
• Aptitude: you will have a natural curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll show passion for specific areas related to cyber and be able demonstrate wider thinking and well-informed reading about them. You may have published articles, have your own development project or simply follow specific topics within choice media. You will show the latent ingredients of being able to grow into an expert in your journey with FTI.
• Critical thinking: you will be able to demonstrate the difference between technical and business success. You can make an informed, fact-based and objective analysis of an issue to come to a judgement. You can operate with a level of ambiguity and make logical assumptions when dealing with unknowns. You’ll be able to outline premises and a hypothesis, and construct objective arguments to support and disprove before coming to a conclusion. You may have a natural inclination towards understanding root causes and can demonstrate this in your academic or professional work.
• Collaboration: you will recognize that the greatest success is mutual and that team spirit is key for our success. You will show self-awareness about how you best operate, and the ability to reflect on how others like to operate. You will be able to demonstrate an emotional intelligence to be able to adapt, personal resilience, and a strong team ethos within FTI’s relatively “flat” hierarchy.
• Communications: you can communicate clearly, concisely and with understanding of your intended audience. You will understand the value and importance of our written reports. You will feel comfortable raising questions when you are uncertain. You may have experience working internationally, and with other teams that are not immediately part of yours.
• Dynamism: you will be a self-starter who can work on varied assignments often within tight timeframes. You will be comfortable in raising concerns or questions on a task in an efficient manner, and to be able to reach out for guidance when you feel uncertain. You will enjoy being given context, boundaries and an objective, and will take professional pride in delivering. You will relish the opportunities provided to you within an agile environment. You will suggest improvements or solutions where you think things could be done better.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person with proven, hands-on cybersecurity experience to join a dynamic and growing Cybersecurity team. You will have the opportunity to be involved with fascinating, high-paced and high-profile cybersecurity engagements requiring the best talent to provide value to our clients. Alongside this you will receive coaching and mentoring from experimented cybersecurity professionals and within the team in order to develop your experience and confidence. With the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape, the need for continuous professional development remains at the forefront of the quality of our team and is wholly supported. We will work with you to develop a career path within the FTI Cybersecurity team so you there is a clear progression path, coupled with the right level of support and guidance in order to achieve the next step in your career at FTI Consulting.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.